Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More Creek finds...10-24-10 - Need help on ID

Well, I am still digging in creek in Burnet County with good results and a good mix of points. Not bad for 8 hours of digging.

Here is a view with different background.

The dark colored point appears to be made out of a black chert??? I know it is not obsidian.

This knife is 3-1/8" long. Maybe it's an un-notched corner tang. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

This little piece is definitely unique. It appears as if there was a flaw in the material and couldn't be worked out. The edges are all finely worked all the way around.

Please let me know if anyone has some input on the ID of any of these points/tools.

Re: More Creek finds...10-24-10 - Need help on ID

Very good to excellent show for "creekin".
Black flint. Long stemmed, bottom rt has the look of a Carrolton. Top Left, as best can be seen from a pic has the look of a HARDIN....if so, being very old...anything could show up in your future digs.
The BAD NEWS is ....IF your in an old camp...dont get your hopes up too high for a CT

Interesting "test" of changing backround color, shows the difficulty of flint photography. The gray brings out a more natural flint coloration but loses some detail in "shaddow" Red is good but seems to soften the real colors. . Because dig cams' exposure sensors are weighted to the dead center....I wonder if that reflective glint off the quarter made a difference

Still a good show

i also dig in burnet co. if ur interested in gettin together to dig i have 88 acres on the south san gabriel , my e-mail is / hopkinsarthur@rocketmail. com . hit me up.

butch
i also dig in burnet co. if ur interested in gettin together to dig i have 88 acres on the south san gabriel , my e-mail is / hopkinsarthur@rocketmail. com . hit me up.

Hey Butch,

I sent you an email. I would really like to go up there and dig with you. Let me know when.