Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
fknapping points

just wanted to show some of my work. i have been practicing on the clear glass, its hard to see the flaking but its cheaper than destroying good flint when learning how to knap
Photobucket

Re: fknapping points

Nice work with the man made Obsidion.
A kapper at a show once showed me a "special" point made out of television tube glass. ( Last milennium thats what they used before flat screen LCD TVs )
Badger's always been in the market for a point knapped from antique "Carnival" glass. Apparently had a high
radium content that would glow under U/V light.

I would think modern Obsidion offers knapping potential that the ancients never had. Like a point trimed out of a longneck beer bottle, nice curve effect

well i bet that glass is hard to find i would hate t get half way through a point and break it, oh lord

oh, and hal these were made from backsplash tile slabs, ready to be knapped right from the box

hey man i dont know if you ever go to chrisners but if so let me know and maybe we can do some trading. i will pay your the fee to crisners . just let me know

Lunker B If you have some flint you do not want , the black, I would love to have some. Email me at btaylor@saisd.org and we can work out some shipping details. Thanks also how was the fishing trip?

Joshua, you probably have more experience knapping glass than anyone on this site, what is your take on the the crystal point Sandy has posted?

Nice work.
If you ever are in the G-Town area just stop at any bridge over the San Gabriel and pick up all the flint you want. It is everywhere out there.

i looked and saw 2 posts sandy made, the first was of a larger piece that looks like glass the second looked more like a rock or natural substance. the second looks like it could be knapped. spainards and metizos were here when indians were thriving apache and comanche. i have not found any poins made of glass but surely the spainards and metizos left or traded glass anyone know?

was was his name hal

joshua connell
was was his name hal

Not sure what this ones in ref to