Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Williamson Co. G-10's

Photobucket Photobucket I shot this one at my house in Florence and here is a few reproduction points

Re: Williamson Co. G-10's

WHy yes, I would liek to order up a HUGE montell and a deer pizza with mushrooms and xtra cheese!!!!

I MISS deer Jerky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow Flo thats about the exact posting we have come to expect of your adventures

Very nice points, we suspected they might be repros ( no evidence of ancient dirt or scale )

But how can you call that top pic a Gee Ten pointer ? Are there 2 more spikes not visible in the pic

Eye-guards Hal don't forget the eye-gaurds

Ah Zoe, A genuwine GEEWHIZ TEN ...Good shot

you miss deer jerky?? michelle,.. this is Texas. go shoot you a deer!

nice, symetrical deer flowtown.

very nice flo-town. CONGRATS!!!!
the points are awesome. good job.

gman

nice deer and love the points Flo-Town.
Got a question for you.
I have a 20 or 30 lb chunk of petrified wood, or what I think is petrified wood, and I was wondering if you would be interested in Knapping me a point or two out of it and keeping the rest of it for yourself to do with as you will?

Eric I would like to try that wood out 1 512 826 4768 lets meet up

Flo, Not to disrupt the deal with Eric but FYI......( and others wanting P wood ).....
Many yrs ago I bought a pickup load of petrified wood pieces from some people on the outskirts of Taylor(Tx).
The people wanted to get rid of the MOUNTAIN of it from their yard. They said they went on "walks" around the immediate area and always brought a few pieces home.
I cant remember what directions the place was from the town center but on the way back to their place, there were several small houses made COMPLETELY out of P wood pieces.

Here's a conundrum...
If P wood was that plentiful on the surface....Taylor Tx should have been the hub of manufacture and/or
trade center for a knappable alternative to flint in ancient times..

Badger & I have HUNDREDS of flint missiles from sites right down the road on Brushy C...NOT ONE SINGLE ONE is identifiable P Wood

Maybe it's P BALSA wood and unsuitable for points

well done those points are mighty fine. and that deer is very nice. i can remember when my beard was red too.

Sorry for the delayed response Flo, I have been out of town. I will give you a call in the next couple of days and let you look and see if you think you can make points out of it.
It may be some sort of basalt like SH was thinking I dont really know.I am not to good with stuff like that. But I am sure you can tell if you can work with it or not when you see it.

I meant Balsa wood not basalt.