Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
story of the week

it was wed. afternoon about 30 mins. before sunset.i decided to go for a short 3 mile drive east of the camp house and wouldn't you know it was 1 of 2 times i went out alone.there was a windmill on top of a hill with about 200 acres fresh cleared, right as i got the mill and flat in sight i saw 2 bucks squared off sizing each other up.i was about 250 yards out so i decided since they were not paying any attention to me i drove on up within 100yds.i startede scoping the deer to size them up and the 8 pt. i shot stood about 6 to 8 in. taller than the younger buck who had 14 points at least, it had sticker, drops,and horns growing on top of horns but by size you could tell he was fixin to get his but WHOOPPED. I decided to take the 8 as a cull and let the younger grow. man what i would have given to have somone with me to take video of me and the deer after i made the shot. i hit the deer in the neck and he dropped like a rock and thats when the fun started,that young buck started kickin my dead deer's but. i thru my van in gear and ran up to 30 feet from the deer jumped out without even thinking video. by the time i got there he had already rolled my deer over at least 4 times.i tried for a good 5 mins. trying to get him off my deer ,thowing rocks ,yelling ,SCREAMING, i really at one point thought i was going to have to shoot the other deer in self defense. hind sight is 20 20 cause if i had the presence of mind not to worry about what was happening to my deer and just run video i could have counted all the points on the young deer a had a great video to boot.
Photobucket
here are some of the other deer harvested thru the week. the #1 buck 160 and 4/8ths
PhotobucketPhotobucket
now the rest including my other 9 pt.cull
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: story of the week

BAD to the bone Pat !!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting them there pics~!!

Good report

BUT

If you expect us to believe that story about " how I stalked and shot my deer " story NEXT year..
You better have a huntercam strapped to your hunters Fez

no stalking. but a dash cam would have worked perfectly.