Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
meager finds

considering the size of the campsites i did get a chance to look over. i would love to see the oilfield hands collections.the site i took pics of is way larger than the pics give it credit for, bare min. is a 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile on both sides of the creek with washes thru the upper side of the creek from ridge line to ridge line of the bluffs littered with small smoked up caves,rattle snake trails, mountain lion tracks,coyote tracks,etc.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
here are the only 2 insitu pics i did.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
and here are my meager finds close up.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
i really love the little snail and trail that it made in the chopper that has a sponge like cortex.
my wife made a killer find of a mono with colors still in it from whatever they were grinding on and a few worked pieces.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: meager finds

more like shelters than caves cause not even my skinniest friends could go where the snakes go.even if they had the nuts to go in those things.my friends that were with me when i discovered this place. roger on the left says he saw a human rib cage standing upright in one of them.
Photobucket
every hunting camp should come with a frisbee dog and i would'nt have even sent her in 1 of those shelters.
Photobucket

Pat. What a great posting. That area deserves a skidder and a few screens to have a really good time. Looks like you may have a Barber or Brazos base in a couple of the pics, who knows, so the area may be quite old in terms of occupation. Thanks a bunch from a suffering soul stuck in Louisiana and needing a flint fix. Keep em coming buddy. Very much appreciated.

whats under the ground there needs to be in a family museum.for all to see.now if i can just talk them into doing it right.just wish i were one of the family members. what a privaledge just to be able to roam such a fantastic place.i could live out the rest of my life being a hermit on that piece of property. but not without my wife of co****.would dearly love ride it out on horse back until i cant hang on no more.

Meager maybe, memories majestic
Darth Vader ( shaddow ) takes good pics. Your lucky to have found anything substantial considering the years of activity on the property.
Even so there are real treasures under that thin soil.
I agree, rather than having the pieces washout yearly and picked up by hunters ( deer hunters that is )...If the land owners made a display area available dedicated to the site....Some might be interested in putting in the free labor just to see whats there and have their names tagged to the finds.

Put me on the list

Those caves need to be investigated ! Next yr, what about a SNAKECAM...
Catch a rattler, bolt one of those critters cams on his back and drop him back down the hole

love the snake cam idea but we are going to have to let someone else do the catching cause i was trying to move a rat snake off one of the oilfield roads to keep it from getting run over and found out real quickly just how old and slowwww im getting.

Seems like there was some woodworking going on in the past there, Pat. Looks like you found yourself a Clear Fork. Just wonder what the vegetation looked like thousands of years ago.

te. the whole area before meskites and junipers was savanna plains just pure grassland and i'm sure before the water suckin trees and bushes there had to be natural running springs.i wish i had taken pics of the bluffs and the creek bottom just under the bluffs. PHENOMINAL.there is only 1 place that i've been to in my life that had more potential than this place and that is the bear creek site....

hey hal,
i was really hoping to get comment on the chopper with the snail and trail in the cortex of what looked like a really old sponge.
HELP i known your a fossil. man.