Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
work in progress

potential prospects (heart breakers) to put in the frame.
Photobucket
and a few more to choose from.
Photobucket

Re: work in progress

Pat.that top second piece..take the little piece and turn it over and see if it doesnt fit better....i had one piece that took a few hours to fit together..just thought it might help!

Thats a lot of big blade used to bes
For some reason I never thought of it before but if flint was as durable as metal, we would not have the trillions of artifacts we find today.
When you find one of those and say " #+&&~* ", immagine what the original owner said as he was working to skin
out a 100 pound Havelena and he wound up with a heartbreaker

sandy
Pat.that top second piece..take the little piece and turn it over and see if it doesnt fit better....i had one piece that took a few hours to fit together..just thought it might help!

that blade was in a real sandy (no pun intended)campsite right on the edge of a little slue that still had about 6 inches of water in it and i was on my hands and knees feeling and filtering the sandy bottom. i found the big base and the tip so i knew the other third missing piece was there but i just could'nt get my fingers on it for some reason.i spent a good two hours trying and the best answer i could come up with was when that cow stepped on it and broke it the center piece must have just shattered.

pat kinyon

that blade was in a real sandy (no pun intended)campsite right on the edge of a little slue that still had about 6 inches of water in it and i was on my hands and knees feeling and filtering the sandy bottom.

Would have been a good report pic
That was / is a nice blade. What about an Epoxy fix, just leave the Epoxy untinted, clear still bridges the immage of complete.

Those are cool. SW and I had a good time this past weekend. We did get to use the screen he got from Diggfest. A little rocky but did find around 7-8 worked pieces. We only dug for about an hour. One was nice and SW found a heartbreaker that would have been a nice blade.

weelll here it is as it is subject to change it will not change drasticly.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
thanks to my friend Shawn Wiley i now have 3 more frames to work with.

lunkerbrad
talking with pat hunting last week . we are going to do a video. of skinning gutting and 1/4 up a hog with all flint tools to show what they where used for .

Brad if we do this these are the tools i chose to work with.
Photobucket
all we need now is a big rock do you think we can find one.

Very good. The variety and condition of the points certainly conveys the feeling of personal [ memories]finds.
It's the kind of frames that get people to looking close for specials....could that really be a near complete Andice ( or Bell ) ?

Howcom the girls frame is so much smaller than a guys

A rock for dressing out game ? we presume you mean a chopper for cracking bones to get the marrow. Are we going to see ancient cooking receipes too? I'm interested to see your escargo rendition ( perhaps like having raw fish at a tanksgvg feast)

ok S.H.
there are 3 answers to your questions.first i've been hunting artifacts for forty years and only recently in the last five have been digging. my wife on the other hand has only been doing this for four years. that is the reason the guy's is bigger than the girls. not bad for no longer than shes been at IT.
second, a big thick wooden club woulb probably be a better choice than a rock to hit the little chopper to split the pelvis and ribs to get the innards out without rupturing the bladder or anything else that would taint the meat.
last but not least yes it is a complete andice /calfcreek found at NACHO'S it has a lot of wear and the one ear has bbeen sharpened down.but is just as the last ancestor left it JUST FOR ME.
Photobucket Photobucket
and really im not in to foriegn cars.

That's a nice mixed bag of points. All ages. What do you figure the little one is in the bottom left corner? Kinda looks like a worn out Carrizo.

Tehuacana
That's a nice mixed bag of points. All ages. What do you figure the little one is in the bottom left corner? Kinda looks like a worn out Carrizo.

your guess is as good as mine that is one of the few points in my colletion that i don't have a definite recollection of where i found it. judging by the color of the dirt on it it was probably found north of abilene when i was clearing row's for the power companies and just picked it up on the fly. that one will forever bother me for that reason. thanks for making me think this one out. i hate brain freezes.

Good show Pat!!!!!!! I like the two tone colored one in the bottom left corner. Sure brings back some good laughs and great times looking at the frames. Lynns frame is nice as well as yours.