Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New to Texas, need a start....

Anyone have a tip on where the a guy could get started in unfamiliar territory, no connections, no place to really find a "hunt". Can travel, but home is South Padre Island. Any knowledge of sites in this area? I'd appreciate your help pointing me in the right direction!!

Re: New to Texas, need a start....

use the paysites on the main page or try any creek around theres plenty of fossils at least

Welcome to the site Hawk. Sounds like you're down in my old stomping grounds. I found one point on the beach about 15 miles north of SPI many years ago. Did some hunting up around Rio Grande City/Roma area and all over Mexico before things got bad there.
Paysite on Michelle's links will help you get started and just keep an eye on the posts, it'll help you give you an idea of new available places to hunt.

The Padre Island National Seas**** Park has a good museum with Indian artifacts from the area. Quite a bit of information is available on line.

Google;;
TEXAS SHELL MIDDENS

Google;;;

TEXAS SHELL MIDDENS

I learned real quick that the easiest way to get lots of nice points is to use the pay dig sites on this forum. All are nice people and they will get you some points.
Happy hunting AL.C

Al Christensen
I learned real quick that the easiest way to get lots of nice points is to use the pay dig sites on this forum. All are nice people and they will get you some points.
Happy hunting AL.C

Unfortunatly we are presently in the depths of the worst pay dig drought in many years,hope for a return to normalcy after the deer season, football season, merry christmas season, winter Wx season