Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12-10-2010 - Metate & Mano PAIR! Found TOGETHER today! Great Dirt Day!

STOKED to be in on the un-earthing of these babies today!!!
It was mighty cool digging ou the Metate and then finding the Mano poking out right next to it! GOOD DAY in the DIRT!!

Re: 12-10-2010 - Metate & Mano PAIR! Found TOGETHER today! Great Dirt Day!

Great finds Michelle. Congrats. That is a well used Metate.Boy are you lucky to find them both. Congrats again

WOOOOOOO HUUUUUUUUUUU way to go M. what a great combo i cant believe you left that spot before the sun went down, what are you going to do when someone else unearths that cache of corner tangs juust behind em.
for your finds no two for each find CONGRATS.

WEll HAL found the corner / Fase sticking out of this flat rock that looked out of place...

He sat me in front of it with all my tools and goodies and let me have it! So I got to dig er out .. I DID find the mano along the way though.. So we can call it a team effort!!!!

Lucky for me Hal likes me! Lets me dig at the good stuff! heck he is 70 and still helps me pull MY tarps! Bahah!!

Lova ya Hal!!! You Da Man ! Even let me keep it! Made me carry it too! Bahha!!!

that HAL SHALLOWWATER must have a true indian spirit and values. he thinks that a womans work is never done. well done the both of you.very

Congrats and good finds Michelle. That'd make anybody's day.

HAL,
you are a true gentleman. its been my pleasure to have met you. i may mess with you from time to time but i truely respect your demeanor.Michelle we are lucky to have him on this site to keep everything on the lighter side and FUN, keep up the good work and looking forward to your next post. happy holidays and keep your radio off for the next 21 days.

Michelle, i just tried to send you an email and got a failure notice. will try again, my wife has been playing with security devices and well i just don't know. it took me 3 days to get to where i could tweek my pics again. if you get it please share it wit Hal as i don't have his email address. its all about patience and friendship.

That is knarley b i t c h i n really cool. Nuttin like a nice Mano and Metate, A lot of wore down teeth went into the makin of that bad boy. Super excellent ! Congrats

pat kinyon
Michelle, i just tried to send you an email and got a failure notice. will try again, my wife has been playing with security devices and well i just don't know. it took me 3 days to get to where i could tweek my pics again. if you get it please share it wit Hal as i don't have his email address. its all about patience and friendship.

man i should'nt be alowed to drive right now.
but i think i finally got it to you,if i did'nt then, no i know it's there , i think.

OK i do have to say this. man that mono is as round as a game ball, are you sure that its just not an unfair shooter marble.

very cool guys!

WHAT .......THATS IT ......,,,,,4 pics to cover the whole report
What about the other 47 pics ??? Here's a few more

Following the flint trail, the food prep area was an expansion of the drywash out of the lower part.

Photobucket

Iron pick ( see mark )on sandstone marked the initial discovery

Photobucket

Slo & easy does it. The visible surface was very smooth but not "dipped" but Badger kept saying " I can feel it's smooth and concave underneath like Sandy described "

Photobucket

WHAT

Photobucket

A quartz Mano started to appear about 3/4 of an inch off the Metate

Photobucket

Lookin good

Photobucket

Neato

Photobucket

After 45 minutes of carefull cleaning ( and pictures )time to rip it out

Photobucket

First report, "not broken"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wear depth across the mid section

Photobucket

Together again !!.. due to very carefull excavation the compacted, smooth dirt shaddows can still be seen

Photobucket

While doing the final dusting off, the Mano had a very cushy seat

Photobucket

Nice wear pattern

Photobucket

Carefully expanding the immediate area around the Metate, the base of a point was discovered sitting right on top of a big rock

Photobucket

AHhhh

Photobucket

A very nice, complete TRAVIS

Photobucket

I WAS there too....( The honoree of the day allowed a few pixels to be wasted )

Photobucket

A reddish yellow WELLS

Photobucket

Never a porter around when you really need one

Photobucket

Thanks for the overly mushy kind words but it's really no big deal, I already have so many Manos & Metates I would have just thrown them in the throw dirt.
No game ball Pat, the quartz is pecked as "normal" around the ends and the flattest side is highly polished and is just showing the slightest hint of
that "wear lip" we all know and love. ( New model, low mileage Mano )

Man I cant begin to say how cool that is , it still amazes me on how deep that stuff is , and its like everyone just dropped their stuff and left the planet.

WOW!!! Way to go you two!!! - Jon.

Here's the "polished" side of the newly found Mano.

Photobucket

Couldn't find a strong enough backlight to do an impressive glowing stone but there was a hint of
the light, its definitly quartz. It's a new Mano that doesn't yet have many miles on it.

Photobucket

I wanted to get a pic of the Metate washed off but it's still under Badgers' bed pillow

Looks good. I love the quartz ones.
I can't wait to see the cleaned up pic of the Metate.
Tell Michelle to get it from under her pillow and post a few more pics of it.
How big is that thing? About 16 inches or so?

eric
Looks good. I love the quartz ones.
I can't wait to see the cleaned up pic of the Metate.
Tell Michelle to get it from under her pillow and post a few more pics of it.
How big is that thing? About 16 inches or so?

This is the best pic I was able to manage,might be a few months ( when she washes the sheets ) before we'll be able to see it in it's entirety

Photobucket

Measuring between snores was a trick, 17 X 11