Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DRYWASH 12/13

Just adding on again..

Early morn...Start the day right

Photobucket

It's mine, Badger was just getting in the mood

Photobucket

It's a Gower, unbroken

Photobucket

Photobucket

Badgers "find of the day " These pics are to show how difficult it is to spot "washdown points"

Photobucket

Most all flint ( worked or not) in a wash is bleached out white, stained surrounding soil color and has dirt or scale stuck on...

Gettin closer

Photobucket

Finally in hand...this is a gorgeous complete MARCOS, regretably I did not get a close up...but I will next time I meet up with B

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last of the day, sm blade or lanceolate type

Photobucket

Re: DRYWASH 12/13

nice looking points.
You need to post some pics of them cleaned up so we can see the color of them a little better.

eric
nice looking points.
You need to post some pics of them cleaned up so we can see the color of them a little better.

As requested, Here's the after pic of the above points

Photobucket

The little one is a bonus. We figure it's not a bird point, just an extremely worked down favorite ,
Called the big one a Marcos mainly because of the base, the rest doesn't look right. Guesses ?

That bleached stark white is hard to get the right hue on film...99% of the washeddown flint is this color

I like to think of those little ones as Texas Stars