Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fall Creek 12/18/2010

Re: Fall Creek 12/18/2010

Travis!

LOVE IT!!!! Neck it took me HOURS to get what I did on the front page ! I will haev to hone in on your video skills and learn that trick!

Thanks ! Loved it!
Michelle

It's just like being there all over again, neato
Thats some dig site, deep, on a slight slope.

Really good show

thanks hal and michelle. that digsite is very educational to say the least. good times. i just can't believe we're finding pottery this far west of east texas.

Travis, I am off after Christmas for a week. Let me know next time you're going . I would like to go with ya'.

Travis McGaughey
i just can't believe we're finding pottery this far west of east texas.

Pottery is good. Hope you /somebody finds some more to get a better idea of what type & style.

ID from pics is bad but from a Video priceless
The pottery shard looks thick & black, any marks or designs on it ? Badger & Jessie have both found similar looking pieces at Chrisners. theirs had deeply inscribed decorativel lines. Said to have origins from the SOUTH !

I'll give ya a call next time I go out David. Hal, we find quite a bit of pottery out there. Most of it looks like they took a stick and made designs on it. The designs look like tally marks. Kind of like when you make 4 straight lines and a slash when you get to 5 in a card game.

Here's the Badger shard. There is a bigger close up..front pg right, Dec 2009 icon

Photobucket

James just found this shard at Crnrs top camp, 12-24

Photobucket

Much thinner and design is finer than above example from N end of Ranch.