Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WW2 entrenching pick.

Does anyone have a WW2 entrenching pick that they would be willing to sell? Or does anyone know where I could buy a good pick that is the right size and weight?

Re: WW2 entrenching pick.

I have a gob of them but I like collecting them.
There was 8 companies that made them
for the Army. I have all but one brand.
You can find them easy on eBay. Only problem
now is they are a little higher because of WWII
collectors. I have put 10" stingers [Chisel Plow] on the ones
that I pick dig with. The metal in WWII picks
is the best I have seen.
Bill

Thank goodness you came through with a proper statement Bill. I know nothing about those exact
tools but it occured to me a whole new realm of diggers tools might be in the offing....

Why just WW2 ?? WWONE was a much better earth moving event, be hard to beat that efficiency.

AND...combining artifact hunting with using old technology must be a moving experience.....like the
entrenching tools used at Gettysburg,

OR the minutemen settling in behind British lines.

Must have been some pretty potent wigglepicks for Hadrian to have built an earthen wall clear across
England.

There is one underground location in France where the ancients in the stone age quarried flint right out of the bedrock using now extinct giant deer horn wiggle picks.

The lowly wigglepick transformed into a status symbol AND an antiques roadshow candidate

Hal believe it or not, I have used the
WWI Pick also. Not that I am that old !
They just do not have the steel in them
that the WWII picks have. The weld breaks
on the WWI often.
Bill

Understood, even today there are many tools that its not the design but the metal temper that counts.

Sounds to me like that WWI entrenching tool company (ETC)may have been the main supplier for the rivets on the Titanic

I might have a old pick around.. or seen one around here.. will keep a eye out!

Hey Willis, I have one that I will sell you. It's a never used 1944 WW-2 entrenching pick made by Plumb Mfg.

Send me an e-mail, or catch me at Chrisners sometime this week! John L.

MY GOODNESS...WHO KNEW ??

That so many WW2 tools were still around ? Just like they have Corvette or Beetle car rallys.... Does this
warrent an antique tools only digfest ?

I dont have any iron that old but I can bring me

if your ever in galvaston tx. down on the strand there's a army surplus store there I found mine there they also had tons of other kinds from different countries to check out.

Thanks for all the responses. I am still looking for a good pick so I will email you guys.