Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
overstreet

Why do Overstreets prices seem sooo high? They need two catagories,one for what the artifacts are worth and one for what you can get form them,because you can never get what thier worth?

Re: overstreet

Me personally, I'd say his prices would be more like for insurance purposes, more then selling or buying. Of course, you can put any price you want on an artifact if you want to sell it and it's how bad the person that's buying it really wants it.

Insurance???????/

My insurance co wouldn't even QUOTE me on insurance for my artifacts!

My thinking is along the lines of what they show on Antiques Road Show. The insurance or replacement value is always higher then the actual price. I don't sell my points but it's kinda neat to know they're worth something, mabbe for all the cactus thorns I've had to pull out while stomping around in the brush. Or worn out clod hoppers.

that is why when i do sell a point it's always sold to my bro and put in the sdb.i want them to stay in the family. in my opinion for what its worth its the guy's buying collections cheap and selling them cheap is ruining the prices.when you find a 150 year old piece of furniture they talk about how rare it is to find and how MUCH it is worth. what about an artifact that has survived 1000's of years. its just a matter of time before the rocks cry out.

Probably better high than low for people that really are involved in daily buy and sell. There must be other
commodities that have value books with prices not everybody is happy with.
Consider the sacred automotive blue book

The REAL hot shot, know everything flint "experts " really put the Ostrs book down but as a reference to the entire North American points it's top of the line.