Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
the best day i ever had

Hope fully someone can tell me what the knife is

Photobucket

Re: the best day i ever had

hays county btw is where they are from

hey snoop,
you dig alot at chrisners my suggestion would be keep it with you and know there are some qualified people whom could help you if they were to be able to hold an appreciate including one of if not THE best Dewain Rogers. love the serrations.

Thanks Pat il be sure to bring it along until i get it figured out. heres to you feelin better.

My guess, due to the serrations an blade shape, would be a darl blade.

Thanks Tucker your the seconed person that guessed that. If Pats idea doesnt work looks like well be makin the trip to fredricksburg for the show in feb.

Tucker
My guess, due to the serrations and blade shape, would be a darl blade.

its that straight base AGAIN that makes me think gahagan but it does have a plainview shape/kinney shape its the flaking that i don't understand because that is what the experts go by and that is why they are also such good knappers in their own right. understanding the proccess is why i'm still a novice.

where did u find

That's a beauty for sure.

you hit it on the head Pat my ignorance is in the termonology this is the beutiful part of thissite the knowlage is priceless

my wifes best friends ranch was hoping to go tommorrow but no luck with wimberly

EVERYBODY finds those Markasite ore nodules in Indian camps...in nature they were all 100% covered in fairly large "bumps"...smooth like that is almost sure to have been deliberatly done, as a " game ball" some like that show signs of a groove being pecked around.

Beautiful flint pattern on the knife, I've about given up IDing points from pics. Based on your majority rules
survey, I guess I'll just have to change the name on my Friday blade case

way to go snoop that knife is really cool. lets set up a dig sometime. call me. u got my number

Thanks guys dugg next week bro i should have a little time il hit u when i find out when i work