Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hand Diggers Wanted (could be a scam)

Hey Y'all, There was post in the Craigs list wanted collum yesterday wanting diggers for a Pay dig supposedly opening up here in our N. Austin area. Does anyone out there got the skinnny ? I sent them all my info: Name, Address, email Phone num, and got nothing back. I'm wondering if somebodys gonna try and crawl through my window out back tommorrow night lookin for my rocks ? If anyone has any info please reply. Thank You

Re: Hand Diggers Wanted (could be a scam)

That is a really strange ad...they give you NO info on who is hosting, but they want ALL of your contact info, and bait you with FREE digging fees, today only...seems like someone is compiling a list of "looters" that need to be I.D.'d.......

Kris, I would defer to your initial impression of a scam, you know what they say if it looks too good to be true.

Brad, The Ad said free to first 20 diggers, free digs in un-dug areas are hard to find for me within a 20 min. drive from the house. We were to meet at 1431 and Parmer this morn ( no time provided )I think watchout is closer to the truth. Could be 20 20 doing a special on to Catch a Stone Poacher. I don't have no problem giving my name and info to authorities. ( My stones are all legal ) I am worried about giving my address to someone who wants to make my collection thier collection in the middle of the night. Any way If anybody has new info please let the group know. Thank You

Was emailed that link yesterday. Its gone today though looks like..

Whatever it is it was rained out anyway! I would take that post with the salt on the rim of my drink!

-Michelle

Hey Michelle,

I see the adds gone now, it was still up this morning when I made my post. With weather like this the rim of my drink is gonna get used alot more today I have been descibed by my critcal friends and my wife as ... How u say... Paranoy... You only gotta get scammed by the P.C. once to start being leary in my ebook. I can't wait for this new pay dig in our neighborhood. We've needed one here since Cantwells went away. Cheers !! Bottoms up

It WOULD be nice to have something close again.

Cantwells was not the greatest, but it was CHEAP and CLOSE!! And was the only dig that I have EVER been to where I found paleo !

I got a great little MIDLAND out of that place back in the day!!

DARN 183A Anyway!!!!!!!!

-Michelle

hey if your worried about someone getting your flint collection, may i suggest a springfield XD 40 caliber. very accurate

Hey dugg i texted you a few days ago did u get it? Any way gonna be out next weekend yall have time?

Dugg,
I'm heavily fortified as are most of my friends who hunt rocks, It seems like everyone I know who collects stones collects guns and knifes as well. I'm not much of Gun and knife collector, I've just never sold any of the Guns or knives that I've been given or purchased. So by default, I guess you could say I have a collection. The last thing I want to do is give some Creeper a hot lead injection at three in the morning in my living room, or have a AK Spray down in the house cause I dropped my guard and gave out my info. The message played on my weakness... I live to dig ! I learned my lesson.... Now where did I put that Beer ?

Its also what you call being safe rather than sorry, and with no regrets. If this had been a real deal on the up & up, it would have been presented in an entirely different way. Glad to see that there are no victums yet, at least that we know of. Caution Pays!

This right here is the beuty of this site because there are a lot of folks the dont understand the hobby and consider us criminals in the process even though we do it totaly legaly

Re: Hand Diggers Wanted (

I got a email reply when I got home tonight. Said was rained out and will email when dry. Said thanks to the 80+ responders.

I will wait on a email when the sun pops out?
Will wait and see I guess.

I gave a phone number, but I got a email responce.
Will wait to hear I guess!

man, i cant leave and go where i have no access, it seems i always miss the fun stuff. my protection of choice is plug out twelve gauge full o number 2's.( ok no fart jokes please)now where did i put that glass of wine.

Thank You Michelle !

I'm so glad to hear that it is real rather than cops or robbers. I did not get a call or e-mail from them... I must have been in the plus 80 group. I got my reply to them in within 3 1/2 hours of their initial add. I don't care if I get in on the first dig or not. Just knowing that there is going to be a new pay dig within a few minutes drive from the house has me stoked I can't understand why they haven't already got on the pay dig board on this site. This Site ROCKS !!! Thank You again

good deal on the new dig. by the way i dont promote violence but creeps and thugs do. so my response was more about being safe. my true wheapon of choice is a wiggle pick

digg dugg
good deal on the new dig. by the way i dont promote violence but creeps and thugs do. so my response was more about being safe. my true wheapon of choice is a wiggle pick

mine is really a backhoe and screen...

hey Brad,
i have to take the car in in the morn. was wondering when i could come over and put that boat back together so we can go catch another lake record.

Pat you read my mind lunler im ready for some 5am moonsters

what lake are you hitting Lunker?
did you get that elusive hog?

I saw where you guys are planning a trip to McF beach sometime soon. I would really like to tag along.

tks
gman

Yep lunker im ready to ride a black tip

I have money that says it is the SNAKE that has the
DUG UP dig site near Briggs, Texas. He is not above
doing anything to get people to help him pay for his lease.
He is currently using without permission my web site call
letters on his site. He is also using without permission Shannon
Graham’s [Texas Points] plus the Gault Site call letters.
I say he put that on Craig’s list about the free dig just
to get your contact info and or phone numbers. I say this
because he had dig on Nov. 11th & 12th. No one showed up.
He then put on his site, [Thanks for all who showed up]
It was dug by me with a back hoe and screens for 15 years.
Don’t let him tell you he owns it. He rents the house and does
not have a pot or a window.
Bill Arnold
Txdigger

Man it sounds like there is an ugly side to this hobby. I hope i never come across this kind of bad mojo good luck everyone!

Helloooo

Until we hear news I will cap this posting so they don't get any advertising and will fall away to the bottom.

Who ever it is can contact us when the dig is up and running and get more info for it. Untill them its just rumor

Thanks!
Michelle