Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
my first attempt

at a watercolor painting not sure of anything but it was theraputic and fun. a major learning experience. i know now i need more brushes more paints and definately more patience.
my first intention was to paint the windmill, tower tank rock silo and tank to spec. i ended up painting the day to night pic of the hunt. my insparation photo and what i was looking at while painting.
Photobucket
and now without further adue. my watercolor interpretation. dont be afraid to give me advice cause ALLknows i need it.
Photobucket

Re: my first attempt

For 1st. attempt you did mighty fine !!!! Just have fun with it !!! I'm the fella that painted the indian knapping the knife that was on here some months back...Enjoy your painting.

EXCELLENT....and I'm not being sarcastic

If I was going to be critical ( which I am )....I would say.....NEVER APOLOGISE OR "EXPLAIN" YOUR ART

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....You may very well have a style of your own that is NOT a copy of a photograph.......Just "be you"

This ought to be interesting

I will tell you the same thing I tell my students. That is a good start just keep working on the little things.

Nice work,practice makes perfect.

I wanted to add some of my own early painting ventures to this posting but the city keeps painting over them
Does "sculpture " in a picture frame count ? This creation I call the "history of Texas" ( Paleo, mid Archaic to bird pt )

Photobucket

Here's my Gyotaku dead fish, looks like just the eye is enhanced with brush & paint.

Photobucket

The paper is a rough texture with deliberate inclusions ( like linen pieces in $ bills )

Nice job Pat.

any idea what the big tooth came from? i have one just like it and was just wondering

digg dugg
any idea what the big tooth came from?

No idea. It's not fossilised so a 4000 yr old bison OR >>>> a 500 year old horse are candidates.

Any guesses on the two lower jaws

dont firget camel on the tooth and the jaw bones have a badger / raccon look to them. definately not an

pat kinyon
the jaw bones have a badger / raccoon look to them.

Something smallish on the lower one but we joke about bird points being used for lizards and song birds so
to show that.....the upper and lower mandibles right NEAR the bird point is ,,,RAT

man thats a gig rat.

pat kinyon
man thats a big rat.

Pat, are you sure your looking at the right teeth?? I thought it was smaller than I wanted for the display...
The lower mandible is above and left of the Bird pt, The rat skull is upside down right in front, close to the bird tip.

Fish on a rain day, good call ( and a good pic }