Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Diggers Drawing

I have seen others post some of their artwork and I just thought I would do the same. This is a drawing that I have been working on for some time now. Maybe with a little less digging I will get it done. "Diggers"

Re: Diggers Drawing

wow! that's really nice. keep it up

MAN Calvin. that is awsome!!!!!

great job

Excellent job! A+.

Awsome work! What kind of medium did you use?

That is the sweetest piece. The detail is simply awesome. Do you have drawings for sale?

you should do some drawings and enter them for prizes at digfest

hey Calvin, is there a good book out there for a begginner like myself on the mixing of colors and depth. your input would be greatly appreciated. that drawing is just amazing and the depth is just incredible.

Excellent work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After Calvin Brown received his Masters in Fine Art from Yale University he became an Associate Curator at the Princeton University Art Museum.

I received my Masters in Fine Art from Texas Tech University, and now I teach art at Hardin-Simmons University. I did work as assistant Curator at the Texas Tech University Art Museum for one year while in grad school. I am using charcoal in this drawing. Yes I have art for sale. A good group of books for a beginner would be "BARRON'S All About Techniques books".

I knew that a man named Calvin Brown was a curator at the Princeton University Museum of Fine Art and just mentioned it for fun. Your work left no doubt that you had received formal training in the arts.

Seems all the Kudos are in so I'll add mine, superb.

Unfortunatly I'm not very good with the world of artwork and I have to ask really stupid questions. No offence ment, I realise that everyday small projects make great subject material.....BUT.....

What are the subjects doing ? the one on the left seems to be honing a straight razor on a clip board.

They are digging up arrowheads the hard way. I hope it will be easer to tell what is going on after it is finished. Thank you to every one for the comments. I plan on drawing some artifacts on the clip board. What should the artifacts be?

Tks for the reply Cal, It's just me, everyone else knew what was going on The delight is in the details...is that a knee poking out of torn Jeans ?

For clip bd suggestions, to give it an Indy flavor, how about some random dotted lines ending in a big " X "

OR more true to life reality, a lot of iledgible writing describing just a couple of BROKEN points