Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cave art

Photobucket
not sure why she said these were just like our whitetails today.
hog zilla in its true form.
Photobucket
more art.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
and one that just doen't add up unless the europian ice man is dated correctly.
Photobucket
just click on any pic and take a tour of the innerspace caverns in george town. uploaded 54 pics, for your viewing pleasure.
this place is a knappers dream... anyone that knows the brushey creek black flint that is sooo knappable, well this place has tons of it in 2in. thick perfect slabs, and we cant touch any of it. not to mention the minerals from the tites n mites.

Re: cave art

at one point during the tour about half way down the three quarter mile trek your under I35 and your in 1 of the bigger rooms it sounds like thunder and you can feel movement. i could just feel the hair on the back of my neck crawling knowing that if you can FEEL it,something is moving. .soooooo with that being said ,the art is on a concrete wall built for support because of the shifting dirt in that part of the cave. well i'm here to tell my story so.

Very nice slideshow

A man shooting a mastodon with a bow and arrow ?

Good imaginative art for a cave environment, better than Food and real Estate ads

Unless they have changed their historic story, do they still say that the hole in the top of the big room was done by a drill team that was doing core samples as required by law before the Interstate was built ?

Good tour pics, now I dont have to go again to see how much the Stalactites have grown

In the eons yet to come will future archaeologists be
be seeking SMILEY FACE ART ??

quote! (Unless they have changed their historic story, do they still say that the hole in the top of the big room was done by a drill team that was doing core samples as required by law before the Interstate was built ?)

no hal they say that hole was made for people (archeologist for the state) to do exploration of the caverns.they also show the area that first broke the bits and what it did to the floor of the cavern. considerable size difference.

That is one good show. Pictures 1-54 are cool. How old did they say they go back to? You can take me the next time I come to visit.