Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
bone ring

these are some finds from the beginning of the year. i think its a piece of a bone ring, i have found so much modern trash at this camp i thought it was plastic so i pinched it and when it didnt break i rubbed the dirt off better and was very surprised to see the design i will post more pics of the bone tomorrow

Re: bone ring

Thats a lot of detail on such a small item, very nice.
The "backround" of points from the past looks good.
Banaged digging blister is a nice touch

sweet. I see you already have that Fairland drill you found in the frame.

very cool. i likethe frame of points too

That piece might be part of the rim and bowl of a trade pipe.

Sweet Finds ! That design in the trinket is bad ass! ( nice frame )

The zig zagged edge was cut and ground that way, a trade pipe would be sweet! It's was found 2 feet down and most bone I find there is very fragile. Iv found deer antler knapping tools that's was so fragile after they dried out it was like old dead wood. It's the camp I found the rocks with drawings all over them too

Bad ass! Nice frame. I am gonna try and make it out on Sunday but I will make it out thursday for sure. Maybe Ill catch you out there.

Hi Diggler,
From the picture that looks like a section of armadillo shell from the very edge of the shell.
Thanks, Jon.