Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ERA

Ive been doing some work on Inks Lake they have the lake down for people to work on their boatdocks,...have found several nice points but dont really know much about them will post pics of them this week, would like for someone to tell me what time frame they are from. Will have to wait 6 more years to look in that area again since they will fill the lake back up on the 10th of Feb. Thank You in advance to whom ever responds,...

Re: ERA

I think I can speak for everyone when I say I'm looking forward to seeing what ya found!

Neat story, your finds would certainly be of interest to all. Along the Colorado drainage was obviously a
very active ancient habitation area, There's bound to be a lot more artifacts that have settled into the oooze over the years.
The powers that be must feel confident this will be a "good water season " Lake Austin is soon to be refilled and Travis is expected to drop as much as 6 feet. Refilling Inks L should drop Buchanan a few
inches

Just as a clue, flint artifacts from that area could be up to 9,500 yrs old, old is rare, but possible

Where im at when the lake is full 3 to 4 ft deep,....about a half a mile from Inks Park. Have not seen any fish bustin them shad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Can someone please tell me what they are?? I know there arrowheads but thats all i know,...found a couple more this morning in the same area {BOY WAS IT COLD OUTSIDE}will post pic later on tonight,...i think one of then is a birdpoint but not sure. I think i may have found me a new hobby to try.

WOW, those would be considered very good surfacing ( non digging) finds. I'll take a shot at ID but more
knowledgeable correction are very possible..
Clockwise from the drill ( thats the very skinny thing )

DRILL...made by all Tribes in all ages, no base, no ID Poss.

BONHAM bird point 800 - 400 BP

Knife base, poss KINNEY 5000 - 2000 BP

hard to tell due damage, PEDERNALES ( Perd ) quite likely 6000 - 2000 BP

poss UVALDE, 6000 - 1500 BP flint might not be from your immediate area and could have been traded in from elsewhere.

" Flint " can indeed be addictive. There can be a lot to it if a person is interested and puts the time
in just as is needed for any hobby.
History research is facinating, especially if the artifact was found near your property...Those are the previous owners of "your" property..

Stay in touch

very good effort on identification there Hal, i concur. my favorite piece in the lot is the hardest one to identify, its the fire popped one Hal is calling a possible uvalde because you know that was the winner that hit the mark and fed a family if not more than one family and was stuck in the meat or bone during the cooking process. to bad we don't have pics of the hunt, i would like to see just what did feed the family/families.