Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays Finds 1-31-11

Finally dug down a couple more feet... See through 4 hr dig felt great
Photobucket
Photobucket
Have a nice day !

Re: Todays Finds 1-31-11

very nice. congrats on your translucent rootbeer marshal ,would be my guess.

I think it is a Marcos. Hard for me to tell Marshals from Marcoss. It's my first whole tranlucent corner notched piece. So it made my day! Now I can hunker down in the house avoiding the cold for next few days and feel good about my last dig. Bundle up here comes that front !

Good job K, amazing whats just a mere two feet deeper ...Your translucent is a beauty.
Very correct call on the WX, going to be some chilly digging for a few days.

Marshall

Hal / Pat, Y'all both think Marshall, It fits perfectly in the pict. of a Marcos in Overstreet 11th edition. They descibe the tell tale on Marshall to be drooping ears and tell tale on Marcos to be angle of notch. I have a heck of time telling Castroville, from Marcos from Marshall points. The camp age from other pieces found at same depth helps, mainly Perd, wouldn't you know it No help. Any help or insight in differentiating the two or three would be usefull to Me. Thanks

kris your on em way t go id love t have one day that sucsessful soon congrats.