Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Feb. 1, 2011

Found this am,....got cold and decided to go hm. Wondering about this granite pc. also,....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Feb. 1, 2011

remember to stick a fishin lure in your pocket and don't say your pickin up flint. love the granite mono.

great mano is that the size of a grapefruit? i usualy bring a pole too

That "granite" might be a true treasure, a 'Mano'... hand grinder for the cooking staff.
Hard to tell from a pic. True Manos will show a definite polished surface and if well used, sort of a 'flat ridge' between polished and natural surface..

All good finds...and there's even MORE out that way

The two pcs with the dime were found 70ft from the water in a little clump of trees,...with a huge oak, 6inches deep,...ive had that granite {mano} for about 6 yrs in a shoe box cant remember where i found it. The pc to the left of the dime is that an actual point? If so please id,....both if someone would like to. Thanks all!!!!

Almost the size of a large orange SH,....

Richard B.
The two pcs with the dime were found 70ft from the water in a little clump of trees,...with a huge oak, 6inches deep,...ive had that granite {mano} for about 6 yrs in a shoe box cant remember where i found it. The pc to the left of the dime is that an actual point? If so please id,....both if someone would like to. Thanks all!!!!

that point left of the dime i would call a flake,i dont see enough flaking on that side. the other point is??? well maybe!!! just could be.... has me stumped im going to have to let the experts do their majic on this one. be i can't not atleast take a guess. a small san patrice.

R B...anything you cant identify is a " scraper "

P, could that possibly be a SAVANNAH RIVER relative ?

H. that is a definate possibility, its as good or bettern my guess. were not in east texas tho. who knows i swear i've found caddoan blade pieces in coke county on the colorado river. it had to be (the colorado river) like an interstate for the ancients.

I would call that little one a bird point preform. We find them sometimes, and often they are unifacially flaked.