Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ice cold heart breaker

Look at that flaking

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Re: Ice cold heart breaker

I just love that flaking. The point was made by a master knapper. Great Pics.

Thanks idaho i was happy to find it, i have nothing like it i hope ican find some more of there work

Parallel- flaking, some points with similar flaking were found at the base of a big bluff in Nebraska. That bluff was named after an early fur trader named Hiram Scott. He worked for the Rocky Mountain Fur Company. He died there next to his bluff in 1828. His cause of death was not recorded in the company journals; his name was simply struck from the company's payroll. I like to think he died with a Southern Cheyenne arrow in his heart rather than dyin' of fever or some such.

Thats a cool story redman its wild how harsh life was back then. Any idea what those points were in nebraska? Ive surfaced for a long time and never found anything worked like that

Sounds like it's Scott's Bluff.

that would not suck, im not picky broke or not i get excited thanks for the intrest

dang snoop it looks like your gettin the hang of this sport. before too long you will have to drop the title of newbie

thanks dugg we gotta digg soon maybe next sat

Surface i havent dugg in way too long i was playing disc golf

Man i work till 1130 or id be there i hope my boy forrest will tear him up. Im gonna find a feed online and sneak over every thirty seconds to watch.