Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
anyone wanna help a newby or let me tagalong?

I live in Holland tx close to salado. Is there any pay digs close that arent "cleaned out" already? I just want to meet up and help and watch. I can pay my way but i have never dug/screened and do not have a clue where to start. I read all the post's on here and look at the pictures and just dream of finding a real spear/arrow/drill or something someday.

Re: anyone wanna help a newby or let me tagalong?

Lunker's advise for your situation b, is as good as it gets especially from Holland. For 20 bucks you get it all, see what tools are being used, how to dig ( as suits yourself), CCC is not "dugout", you just have to dig where no one else has over the yrs. Diggers frequently post here to meet up there.
"where to dig" is a sacred part of artifact hunting, few if anyone would take anyone out to their personal
high producing area.

See you around

Hey thanks for the true Texan honesty. I had seen the ccc dig and that was my first option. I also found ******* ridge dig which is newer than ccc but don't know anything about it. Is the gault site for ut students only or for anyone?how and where do u start at ccc just find a spot and dig anythings to look for in where to dig?

Good luck digging the gault site. It's an archeological dig for educational purposes only. It was a pay dig years ago, wish we still dig it.

Brent
how and where do u start at ccc just find a spot and dig anythings to look for in where to dig?

Just drive in to the garage, open 24/7 ( with security cameras ). Put your name on the envelope put the money in the envelope, drop in box. Sign in on white board.
There's a ranch / camps locator map on the wall, upper right. Til you meet up with somebody to talk to, "TOP CAMP" is a good starting point where most of the devastation has been done that you've seen the pics of guys reporting on the site.

For a first visit, dont feel you are wasting valuable digging time by just exploring all the camps and roads...it's a beautifull area and people have been enjoying it for the last 9,000 years

Ok guys and gals alot of help already. I plan on trying ccc out this Sunday. Just a couple more questions! Is the only certain spots to dig or do the designate the spots. I see the different sites on the map but can u just dig anywhere around them or do u use an existing hole?I am a beginner will just shovels and small garden tools work? I just have basic stuff. Are any u gonna be there? Is there roads to each site to drive or do u walk? Kinda fill me in. I do have a 4 wheeler and I am an adult not a kid!

true flint hunters are just big kids,we just love to play in the dirt. there are lots of piles of dirt out there that has not been gone thru that were made by the trenches dug for digfest. like bills camp and the pedernales camp that all you need is a good grass rake.

I never have. I have just looked in the bottom of dry creek beds and gravel bars. Surface hunted only. I am very "blonde" sorry if I offend anyone, I'm married to a beautiful one lol

Brent
I never have. I have just looked in the bottom of dry creek beds and gravel bars. Surface hunted only. I am very "blonde" sorry if I offend anyone, I'm married to a beautiful one lol

het Brent, no offense was taken. anyone on this site or the people at chrisners will be more than happy to help.we love welcoming people to our hobby(passion) and help where we can,because we love begginers luck and you may well be the next finder of a classic we all will want to see. i just saw an opening and hade to take a shot. is just in my nature.

Last free info before it's time to jump in and "just do it "
Dig anywhere ( except under the building foundations )...Good roads around the entire ranch. The great surface success Lunker reports is from getting well away from the known camps...get back where nobody else has been since they dropped their point.
EVERY BODY started digging with garden tools. Just take good note of the tools other diggers are using.

Sunday WX forecast to be in the seventies

I will be at ccc this sunday are any of y'all?

Brent
I will be at ccc this sunday are any of y'all?

If there was just ONE MORE digger there Sunday...He would have to sign in on the WALL

Photobucket

Had so much fun met a bunch of awesome people so much I took off today to go back to chrisners!!!! Awesome place

Brought up for Tony

Thanks SH!!!