Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pottery? Chip in some wisdome gang

Ok last post for today I found this digging at Frio River Landing about 4-6 inches from a point so I know no one had dug there. I first thought old drainage pipe but there is no curvature completely flat and like I said it was 4ft deep and next to a point. But to thick to be pottery right?

Photobucket

Re: Pottery? Chip in some wisdome gang

how thick? some pottery had design on it like fingernail marks. look for one side having black ash. that happens sometimes too.

does it have marks on one side? i have some pottery pieces probably 1/4 inch thick smooth on one side with visible marks on the other. it also has a slight curve to it, maybe a cup or bowl

Fresh out of guesstimates

BS, you'd be surprised at how thick pottery can be. Don't expect it to be the thickness of modern-day dishes. I hope it is. Cool stuff. Glad ya found it.

We find a lot of pottery and I have seen it thin, thick, and in between. Looks to be the real deal. Some pieces have a curve or designs and come in different colors. Could be smaller piece to a large water vessel or a cup or bowl of some sort. Many times the inside portion of the pottery shard will be black. Travis #1 sounds like he shares my opinion.

right on Travis L.

Its about 1/4-1/2 inch thick not much markings though Ill put some fresh pics up tonight

if water and points are around i would think that pottery could be there too.

I would agree with Lunkerbrad about the area and not much pottery, but then again we were in East Texas and found a perfect Langtry in a Caddo site. Pretty out of place. Maybe they traded the Langtry for some pots!