Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I properly clean my finds?

I'm shocked and dont want to damage any of my finds. I hand washed them but there is dirt in some of the crevices! Can I use a soft toothbrush or should I not? Soap? I still don't know what they are. I got a book to identify them but remember I am new to this so don't laugh

Re: How do I properly clean my finds?

I use vinager and soak it but no bones or pottery what did u find

i pesonally just use plain water in a tray to soak and look at for a few days then take a toothbrush after them. some like to leave some of the dirt on them. its just a matter of personal preference. i sure like the way worked flint looks wet.

I don't really know! Looking at the overstreet I.d and price guide one looks closest to a Victoria but I don't know if that is possible. I don't know how even after reading to post my pics on here but I can text you a pic from a cell phone if you wanna give me a number or can email me personally at bdeorsam7@yahoo.com if u don't wanna give it out. Help id'ing would be appreciated

i've seen an excellent example of a victoria come out of bill's camp. how about a pic. very high grade greasy flint.if you are set up on photo bucket which is free .its somewhat simple i will be watching for a little while if you need help.

Brent's finds that he would like help on id's.
Photobucket
pretty darn fine outing if you ask me well done.

tape em' to the bumper of your car and go through the car wash.... just kidding. I soak them and use a soft toothbrush. good luck

starting from top left to rt.uvalde,catan,preform,williams, nolan, and ensor. those are my best guesses.