Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Diggin with Hal.

Diggin with Hal is always an adventure. Just as soon as the hard digging started, hal is off chasing butterflies. Geesh..

Photobucket

I mentioned to Hal that butterflies are not Archaic and he needs to get in the pit and dig.

Photobucket

After spending most of the morning digging to this buried hearth, Hal finally gets into gear.

Photobucket

We discovered this enormous hearth late in the day and I am sure to get back to it. I suspect a Castroville site. Humm..

Photobucket

Out pops this rascal. I am still pondering the type.

Photobucket

After another couple hours of hard digging out pops this nice La Jita.

Photobucket

Can you spot the tip of the Bulverde?

Photobucket

At the end of day two we just hit the hearth. I am sure it is huge and I plan on being back to dig it out. Here are the finds.

Photobucket

Imposter !!!!

Photobucket

Re: Diggin with Hal.

That butterfly is the Punxitauny ground hog of the lower Nueces Valley....Nature would not wake up this little burst of color if the WX was going to turn cold again !

Too bad nobody made an ID attempt at the small point..inquiring minds would like to know

So much for the old wives tale that there are big points all around a fire hearth

I have since decided that small point is a Gower. Thats what I have named it.

Re imposter;;;

I noticed two things in the photos. First, he didn't camp in a washout (he's been known to do that) and second, it doesn't look like he did a lot of digging. [unquote]