Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
dry spell is over

found my first really nice point of the year and a couple of tools. first the big tool a bone crusher/ mono smoothed on 4 sides, well never mind heres all of it at once Photobucket. this mono made of some strange material

PhotobucketPhotobucket
insitu of my little sweety.
Photobucket
now with scale.
Photobucket
and a couple more pics.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
you guys cant tell i geta little excited can you?

Re: dry spell is over

Nice Darl Knife Pat. I been waiting on you. Sweet Mano. I like Manos a lot ! Keep the good pics coming.

Way to go buddy!!!!! That is a great surface find. Sure you let everyone in two counties know you found. That sure is nice.

so pat was that in the dirt feild?

Snoop diggins
so pat was that in the dirt feild?

so snoop were you at ccc today?

No sir we went thursday only found a little birdie, i sure hope to run into yall soon. I was salivating over the big dirt feild we never made it over. I figured it would hit for someone.We will be back on thursday im hoping to camp.

lots of human footprints in that big field. and one of the largest raccoon prints i've ever seen, every bit of 7 to 8 in. long with only 3 toes on each foot that left imprints like MY big toe would. i wish now i would have taken pics of that.

Wow that a huge racoon, i figure after a big rain that feild will be a nice place to walk. Congrats on the first of the year i hope the floodgates open for ya.

Nice find glad I got to hold it. It's a beauty!!!!! Way to go thanx for all the help again.

Very nice, three complete artifacts

Happy belated new year

thanks everybody! it certainly was'nt my fist artifact i've ever found, but it sure felt like it,it had been so long. i guess its that feeling of excitement that keeps us all coming back for more and if i ever loose that feeling, well it would be time to hang up the tools. oh and by the way BIG B.T. it was a little to windy for people to hear me 2 counties upwind, people downwind were runnin for the hills. WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ETC.

Idahoe
Nice Darl Knife Pat. I been waiting on you. Sweet Mano. I like Manos a lot ! Keep the good pics coming.

thanks Idahoe. well,when are we going to hunt artifacts together and wake up the spirits.

definately looks like a nice darl knife to me. good job.

I thought I heard you all the out here in WT. Still nice one

just briging back up for comparison. what is it ensor or darl? expert need apply.

dont forget about the beveling. more confused than ever. i now am going to have to paper a couple points just for the peace of mind. even more food for thought there is the darl (woodland 2500 to 1000 b.p.)then there is the darl stemmed (early archaic 8 to 5000 b.p.) im sure there had to be blades in both era's why dont we see an example of each in the books.

Im no pro but i say ensor due to the fact that i see ensor points than anything else out of ccc