Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
REALLY BIG FLINT DISPLAY

remember this happy camper leaving the flint show with his new African flints display case....

Photobucket

This is likely where they came from;;

Photobucket

Photobucket

And another dealers collection;;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: REALLY BIG FLINT DISPLAY

my goodness Hal! Some of those points could be passed as texas points

were those three bucks a pop? I dont lie to buy more of a seeker, but i could do some awesome wall art with those

Though i almost went in with my boss on a huge collection a man had in fredricksburg. He had his kids and they were saying it was an old scientist collection. Lots of neat beads and axes ive never seen im glad i didnt have a lot of cash on me. It would have been fun explaining to my wife why i split a three thousand dollar case of artifacts. Dogghouse for sure.

Wow think about how many hours of digging are in those buckets. Im with you snoop Im more of a digger than a buyer and yeah a lot of em do look like Texas points.

BS
Wow think about how many hours of digging are in those buckets.

It's my understanding white Bwannas visit villages in arid / desert areas of NW Africa and put the word out
to pay a few cents for every point the inhabitants can find. No digging all surface.

Neat pictorial designs are probably the main end use of this many small multicolored points.

It's been over 5 yrs since these items arrived on the international market, and most assuredly came from Africa..but NeoLithic or like some Texas Ebay "finds"
NewLithic

One of the vendors of the African points was at the Collinsville flint show, still thousands of points to choose from

Photobucket

So now Badger has a start at a bird display...case has plenty of room for adding more ...
( also note great candid pic of the photographer )

Photobucket

Some have slight damage, next additions, she can go through the thousands of pieces looking for G 11s herself.

Photobucket

PS:
Nice candid pic of Denise too