Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New to site...(no pun intended)

but not new to being intrigued by artifacts and artifact hunting. Unfortunately, most of my ventures have been just surface hunting. Don't get me wrong because I'm not complaining. I think I've been pretty fortunate to find what I have found over the years. Here's my little collection...(bottom box is from just 1 weekend in DEEP south Texas) ...
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff23/bar2hunter/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG00328-20110221-2015.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to say HI and ask if there are any other Wacoans here.

Re: New to site...(no pun intended)

I used to live in the Valley and hunted all around Rio Grande City, Roma, and Zapata. Found one point on SPI. Now my area is Frio,Dimmit, and LaSalle counties. Good surface hunting here. Welcome aboard.

See if this looks better.

Thats an excellent collection and really alot for a one trip visit. Very nice

Te you must have noticed the predominently "stemless"

I almost posted that Hal. But knowing you had a sharp idea on So.Tx. points, I knew you'd catch the fact that there's hardly any stemmed points on either frame. Don't know where Tony found these but the hill country Indians must have really had a burr in their loin clothess for the So.Tx. plains guys.

WELCOME TO THE SITE TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Humble Sysop ...

-Michelle

Tehuacana
I used to live in the Valley and hunted all around Rio Grande City, Roma, and Zapata. Found one point on SPI. Now my area is Frio,Dimmit, and LaSalle counties. Good surface hunting here. Welcome aboard.

What can you tell me about Zapata? I have in-laws that live down there I'm wanting to go do some artifact hunting down there.

Been a while since I've been there but it's typical of small border towns. Not much to offer. If you can get in on a place to hunt, the results are good. Lots of agate and petrified wood, plus flint. I've found points made out of all three plus one out of Jasper. Quite a few bird points but, as typical for So.Tx., the unstemmed blades are the most prominent, Matamoros, Kinney, Catan, Abasolo, Refugio, and ET's.

Tehuacana
If you can get in on a place to hunt, the results are good.

So far, I have guaranteed access to a few ranches. I guess it's a good thing that my BIL wears a big, shiny badge, carries a big, shiny gun and has big, shiny lights on his truck. Pretty likable guy, unless you're a poacher or an illegal!