Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
possible mclennan county plainview !

this came out of mclennan county outside of waco. it has really nice paleo flaking, three flutes, and you can tell it was later picked up and resharpened by another indian. you can see resharpening on the tip and the triple flutes and more resharpening on the reverse side

Re: possible mclennan county plainview !

and here is some more pics of the birthday point my dad found. the TP brings out the serrations

I see you are a McLennan County digger. I will reask a question which I posed a few years ago whether anyone has information on the camp site located west of Bruceville/Eddy on what is now part of the Mackey Ranch. Did a lot of digging there in the 70's. It was large in size with substantial areas yet to be explored.

Diggler that B-day point is sick nice patina too!

No expert here but I'd guess anybody with access to the Mackey Ranch would find some fine stuff. Parts of the ranch have been developed for housing and lots of earth has been moved and disturbed.

Diggler, Wacoan here. Howdy!

BTW, like the Ultra can...great beer! Speaking of, if you take me diggin some time, I can provide plenty of Ultras. Just Sayin!

Thanks ya guys I'm working on having a new site here in Waco I can dig before they build a house on it. Sure Tony u can tag along some time

Hey dirk is that the place you found the bone im dying to check it out on person

That land I found the bone is for sale snoop but they are askin to much

If that top point was mine it would definitley go in the paleo case. very nice...

I remember Dad's find ...a Very happy birthday indeed What are you calling it ? Those "barbs" are kinda unique.

What's the huge 2nd point? Look's like an unusual one to me & is it from W. Texas?

Nice flint Diggler

I'm not sure what that point is for sure, i keep looking in the books but not positive on a ID. It was found deep

does it show any basil grinding.

I haven't seen it since it was found that day but the serrations made it really sharp

Diggler
I'm not sure what that point is for sure,

Well if it's not easily found in any of the reference books, it could not have been made that way in any quantity. Might be just a single but very deliberatly done resharpening. There's one single Hoxie in the money book with a hint of barbs.
The base and overall features are not unusual..
If it was mine, I think I would throw it in the Uvalde bucket

i wonder could that possibly be a hardin point? it would be cool if you could get that point papered, or at least looked at by a true expert.