Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
For the new folks?

I'm sure this site is packed full of advice on how to get started... the who, what, when and wheres about artifact hunting. I don't have much time because about to put kiddos to bed but, before I do, I wanted to throw out a couple questions. Where are some good places to go in/near Waco and surrounding areas? What's the best approach to getting invited to go "diggin" without sounding like you're imposing?
Goodnite all!

Re: For the new folks?

Crisners is a shout away view it on the first page, go buy a pick and tarp and make friends out there and youll be on em in no time. After that it all depends on your motivation

Speaking of leases, it kind of amazes me how similar the flint and deer leases are in that they have become so hard to find and how expensive they've become. I understand the the whole supply/demand aspect of "business" but it amazes me how greedy some land owners have become. Granted, I know many land owners have various motives for charging the $s they choose but some are just flat out greedy.
Thanks for that moment on my soapbox...CARRY ON!

Greedy landowners ? This morning gold was trading for $1415 per ounce. Ounce per ounce some G10 points will sell for ten times that amount and more. Is a landowner being greedy when he sells his cattle at market price, or his hay, or oil or pecans or timber ?

You must've missed the part where I said "various motives"!
Yes, there ARE greedy landowners! BUT I also realize there are landowners that realize there are liabilities involved when allowing people on their property, like gates being left open, litter, grass fires, etc..i.e. "various motives"

BTW, enlighten me because I've never sold or bought an artifact...who sets the market price on artifacts? Supplier or Demand?

Probably both. Someone has to come up with a fair market value and the price goes on how much somebody is willing the pay.