Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arrowhead collection

I came across this collection when a family member died. I believe most pieces were collected in the Lake Whitney area. What have I got here? Any and all information would be appreciated. Does the collection have any value? I don't see a way to attach pictures to this post. I will gladly send out pictures if anyone would like to help me. My email address is abenton@wacoisd.org. Thanks for any help.

Re: Arrowhead collection

look at the post about posting pics at the top, easy photobucket directions for posting pics. Get a photo bucket account and go from there.
I am the one you sent your pics to this morning Adam.
Glad to see you want to post them here for help. There are a bunch of people here with alot more knowledge than me who will help you out.

I grew up around lake Whitney and dug a few camps in those parts. I bet he has some good finds

Hey Diggler we have to hook up and sling some dirt sometime soon and find some rocks.

Hell yea I'm down for some artifact recovery let me know next time your goin

Adam's artifacts,
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Some of those look like obsidian points and Whitney is one place I have dug big flakes of obsidian from a camp. I will post my whitney points later

Those are some nice points, but the variety of the material is what really sets the
Collection apart.

Adam
What have I got here? Any and all information would be appreciated. Does the collection have any value?

Adam, I'll take a shot at directly addressing your questions;;;

I'd say it's an excellent collection of someone that found them surfacing ( not digging ) Probably would have a very high value to the finder of each piece.

BUT $ value would be very low, a big part of the serious flint collectors emphasis is an absolute nut case need for 101% undamaged pieces.

Your best bet to actually get a dollar value and / or sell them is to take them to the big Temple flint show this June, Just walk around and ask various dealers their opinion / offer

You might just windup adding a few finds of your own

Thank you all for your responses.