Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A few pics from the weekend. My new inscribed rock.

Just a few cleaned up or extras I missed

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: A few pics from the weekend. My new inscribed rock.

I just found a inscribed rock also on a spring in Bell County.They were keeping trac of somthing in that area ,wonder what it was?

That's a purdy little bird. Wonder how rare those enscribed stones are and what was the stone of choice. Down in this area all we have is red sandstone and erosion probably would have wiped out any sign of etchings.

The one i found is made of limestone.

Limestone is a lot harder then this old sandstone. I've scratched and carved on it before and it's easy to work just no staying power against the enviroments.

What are the odds, I found my first incised stone yesterday!

Man they were sure making quality points at that site A huge frame of those Birdies is going to look good next to a frame of those H U G E points you had been finding the last couple of yrs at other sites.

I am stepping right out on the very end of the controversial ID limb

That inscribed stone is truely a DOODLE STONE....just not yet in the artifacts of Texas book !

I started out like everyone does by trying to see a pattern in the lines...then it got me.....The artist hasn't been born yet that would select such a canvas
(stone) for even rough sketches.

The roughness and texture of the stone shows not the slightest attempt to wind up with a reasonable piece of finished artwork.

Since wood whittling as a passtime had not yet been invented, this is a stone age substitute...
The guy was sitting on a big rock talking to his girlfriend who was grinding the evenings mush, and he just bent over and picked up the nearest rock to doodle on.

Most people just have painted rocks, calendar rocks and wonderfull art deco rocks but very few doodle
rocks are reported. Congratulations

wow ! great points and great camera work. keep em' coming