Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Natural springs

Can natural springs be considered a water source to start a search for digging sites?
We don't have any rivers or creeks but we do have numerous springs on our place in Coryell county. I have found some points on the surface near the springs but have not done any digging.

Re: Natural springs

Of course.
Most took their drinking water from water sources
dumping into a major water source.

Coryell Co. you bet!

Out4gold

Most definitely there could be a camp. If you are finding points then that's definitely a good sign. Search for concentrations of flint or burnt rock. You can with shovel or pick, dig small holes in various spot around the concentrations or in the location where you found the points. Let me know if need help, I would be glad to help you dig.

Springs are a very good start-i have a place in coryell county too. however i have found that they really wanted to be close to the creeks and rivers where the fish and game are. some of the major middens are actually in the flood plain. Thats what i have learned from my place. Coryell co is probably the 2nd or 3rd best county in texas for artifacts in my opinion. good luck man! we should meet up one weekend and trade a dig.

Ditto. Though I do most of my digging along the Cowhouse in western Coryell county, the two best campsites I have seen in the area are next to springs in the hills a 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the Cowhouse.

Yea I was digging a camp in coryell next to a spring, the spring actually was cutting out a nice wall in the midden all u had to do was look for points sticking out the wall Tony you said your from Waco do u know where coopers crossing is

The one off the N. Bosque and west of China Spring?

Yep that would be it, there is sum nice surface hunting on that bar. But there is many camps along the bosque

You are right about the number of camps around there. When I lived in Waco I used to dig on the N. Bosque two or three miles south of Valley Mills. Seemed like a lot of small camps all along the river. Bigger camps were in the big pecan bottoms on the Middle Bosque.