Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
to die for

yep, if your talking about the newly acquired artifact utopia that big bt's ran across.from this pic i could count 6 untouched exept by nature kitchen mPhotobucketiddens and atleast 4 plowed thru by bull dozer.
400 acres with two major creek tributaries to the south concho river. i probably walked around no more than fifteen or twenty acres and found worked pieces on all i walked, most of it 2or 3 hundred yards from the middens themselves. there was no ryhme or reason for where we were finding worked stuff in that rocky country. i made comment to my brother that it looked like there was a war there and wherever they fell is where you would find it like a calvary slaughter.he said it couldnt be because what we were finding was too old.when i woke this morning what he said finnally soaked in it didnt neccesarily have to be troops it could have been another tribe fighting for survival in a great valley.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
i would be willing to bet on being able to find artifacts on every inch of that 400 acres.
as far as to die for on my 3 and5/8ths in blade. only if you could die of a broken heart
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
i kept a bunch of the fatty pieces to wash up to see some of the colors we could expect to see artifacts made of.
Photobucket

Re: to die for

Wow pat thats amazing way to go you guys have an artifact amusment park to yourselves

opps sorry big bt i almost forgot the only insitu of the trip.found by big bt, thin to win.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Heck of a report, dont see to many "look what I found" pics..up to now.
"some look bull dozed " Really or is that just a figure of speech ?

So that ends all the spare time for fishing , hunting, artwork, and drinking

That looks like a flint finders heaven. I'll bet that place is loaded with points and history. Just wonder how long that area was occupied? It does look like a major site.

i cant hardly type right now for laughing so hard. im not going to tell yall what my wife said my blade looks like. yall figure it out.

good report Pat. I like the comments that you guys are saying about the place. Sure has a bunch of flint to be found on it. Lynn is right about the blade LOL

The wife IS right!!!!!!!!! Ok.. Maybe just for the TIP!!!!!!!!!!

Hay Pat !!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR THE GIFT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****EN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hay Pat !!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR THE GIFT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****EN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Michelle you are very welcome.i cant wait to see it after DR.Gomer gets a hold of it.there for a little while i thought H. might have had a rush job put on it for your B. day,but then again you know what they say about a might.

SH
Heck of a report, dont see to many "look what I found" pics..up to now.
"some look bull dozed " Really or is that just a figure of speech ?

no H. that is not a figure of speech they really bulldozed em for a clearing.

Interesting story, a dozers not a very precice artifact tool. Certainly missed painted / scribed stones, manos
and who knows what else. As you have noted P, some finds were far away from the camp so all 400 acres has to be carefully inspected Best of luck 2 U