Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
paleo

been wanting to get in the saftey deposit box so i could put my best paleo find ever up for everyones enjoyment, but just have'nt been able to get er done. thanks to modern technology and my brother. here it is.
Photobucket

Re: paleo

wow thats a screamer punn intended... hey pat i put up a few pics of the owl if your board....ep

Nice,any Paleo is good what type is it though?

Hal asks the correct question. What is it? It is papered by Dwain Rogers, and Dwain wrote a whole page about the point. It is ground heavily half way up. It shows much use wear as a knife. Now for my personal opinion, I think about what I have read about paleo peoples and their tool stones. Nothing much wasted, start with a quarry blank, whittle it down and use it as a knife, then when the knife is used down enough and thin, trim it into a projectile point. This would take little effort to be finished out as a point. Let's hear it, I. D. time, what is it?

Scotsbluff?

Well the credentials including the ground edges are impecable. I'm trying to go out of the ID business and this is a tough one.

Early stemmed Lanceolote

Flo Town you have a very good eye. Dwain even mentioned in his nice letter that many Scottsbluffs have this shape in the beginning, but that the pressure flaking normally seen on Scottsbluffs was not present on this point. Hard to see the detail in the photo. Once again, great eye.

For Hal, good guess as well. Dwain said this was a tough one to call.

elpablo1

Dwain said this was a tough one to call.

keep em guessin brother.
this is another one of those mystery points,so i guess i get to name it. P.P. from PAT'S P.P. that stands for pat's paleo from pat's preposturous point.the points from that site i have be told could'nt have come from the tom green county area because of the high grade flints and craftsmanship,they look more like they came from the camp wood area.but they did come from tom green county.next time im there in angelo i will get some more pics of the stuff we were finding on that site.

i was really expecting moer guesses, from say. idahoe who has an upside down problem and i guess they have a shortage of computers in New Zealand ,TE,L.brad and all on this site. so mystery it is.

thats exactly what i thought it was too, and why i wanted it paperd.good guess, but no.

not clovis or preform, late paleo and he classified it in his generic catagory. or something like that my bro has the letter.

BINGO we have a winner. hey brad will you paper it as a clovis.

I think this might be pre Clovis or Clovis stuff compare it to the Clovis points found at the gault site clovis points willamson co. tx

gualt points Gualt site