Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Old Western & Indian photos

Thought you all might find these links interesting - (just copy & paste the following URLs onto your browser)

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2011/02/23/from-the-archive-frontier-life-in-the-west/2713/

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/11/15/north-american-indian-photographs-by-edward-curtis/2551/?source=ARK_plog

Re: Old Western & Indian photos

Always fascinating to see the actual photo's of AmerIndins. Even the diversity of the womens hairstyles is interesting.
Just wonder when the feather headdresses came into play?

Awsome find Redman thanks for sharing.

great stuff Redman! man there's alot of leathery skin in those photo's. i guess my favorite is of the lone surviver of the comanche raid, man what a beautifull piece of horse flesh.

Thank you, but this is not my doin's. A nice Lady from the AACA found these photos and passed them on to me.

My thanks too. I had never seen that many pics all at one time, just the occasional single in a civil war
article.
I'll be spending more time on them after a first look, the minute details in the backround and surrounds are as interesting to me as the main subjects. Can you BELIEVE the guys actually wore those tall hats like we see in the Hollywood westerns.

the wikipedia on Edward S. Curtis is extremely informative. history lost thru divorce in 1916 just shows the sadness of divorce. the big money investors taking advantage of a mans life work.and some of his work sold for junk. makes me want to hit more garage sales for some historic artifacts.and much much more well worth the read. thanks again redman.and you too Big B.T.for bringing more to light.this is right up my alley.

That was awesome Redman. Thanks for posting. I got to see some of my relatives on there.

Here's a piece of trivia gleaned from this topic...
The photographer was paid 75,000. $.......IN 1905
What with adjusting the value X 10 for 100 yrs of inflation...in todays money that AT LEAST 3/4 of a MILLION DOLLARS.

Dont think that values could change by 10X in time..?.look at this 21st century example::::

Notice on the rental car key.

Photobucket

Just a short time ago you could get a new car key made at Home depot key machine for $ 1.29