Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
COLLINSVILLE 2011

What the Temple show is to Texas, The Collinsville artifact show is to the rest of the world.

Photobucket

It's physically the same size square footage wise but include huge selections of pottery - copper goods -
hardstones and many artifacts with regional interest, like " Eskimo " material.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The panoramic views overlap, top pic on the left

Re: COLLINSVILLE 2011

My wife and I live in St. Louis and attended this show on Saturday for the first time. Wow! What a blast! We'll be going to this again next year for sure.

Few more show pics

Photobucket

Photobucket

This displayer has a thing about white points

Photobucket

There was a lot of gorgeous flint colorations but I never spotted a single Texas Translucent

Photobucket

I almost forgot ...There was another convention room next to the purely original artifacts room that
displayed a wide variety of unusual "related" items
of interest.

Photobucket

These 2 guys must have spent an hour very carefully selecting the very best out of the bird points bin.

Photobucket

Dan was there

Photobucket

These tables are 99% Morrocan origin ----probably by way of Tucson AZ

Photobucket

There were wonderfull treasures available for those with a keen "garage sale" eye...
Who would have thought this one of a kind item had not been scooped up by the Smithsonian people ..

Photobucket

very good show Hal! I really liek seeing artifacts from all around. Looks like alot of Cox Custom Frames. Those are the ones with the checkerboard inlays on the frames.