Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
weeks digs

bet ya'll thought i was going to post pics or something.

Re: weeks digs

What th hell you doin at home drinkin beer and typing ?? word was you were supposed to be out digging for
another 10 days

H. i'm already where i almost can't walk. another 10 days, i would be wheel chair bound.
o.k. ive had my fun. looking down from the cabin, just an overview of our digs.
Photobucket
just getting started, a little over an hour and a half.
Photobucket
this is my brother darrel and my other brother darrell.
Photobucket
while wondering around big bt ran across this unusual rock pile right above the creek on their property. it looks like they were fixin to fire up a bunch of chert cobbles for heat treating.
Photobucket
darrel and darrell again.
Photobucket
we were finding a wide variety of brokes including,pedernalis,langtry,lange,martindale, nolan,frio/ensor,fairland,conejo,ellis etc. but the most unusual for this area would be the 2 bucktooth montell bases we found. also found 1 angostura base. so far no points over 95% have been found. we are going to start test holes away from the kithen middens cause the rocks are just too hard on the really thin quality artifacts.to date we have found 0 historic arrow points.
my find of the week.
Photobucket

Now there is some good report pics. And a LOT of artifacts. Looks like it might get a bit warm there
long about August

Your Mommy & Daddy named their boys " Darrel" and Darrel" ??
Too poor to afford a baby names book

Nice Pat.