Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Tx?

Headed back home to Smith County in E. Tx. this weekend. Anyone know of any areas to surface hunt for points? Never did it while I lived there but I have seen some nice points posted from the area. Thanks

Re: East Tx?

i live in longview in gregg co., lake o the pines has some decent surface hunting, wright patman in texarkana is real good but they watch pretty close out there

Thanks for the replies guys. Probably gonna go fishing at Palestine for crappie and may do some looking around the area

I remember hunting around Lookout Mountain in Jacksonville (on Hwy 69) with my Uncle when I was a kid (about 25 years ago). We used to find tons of artifacts, mostly arrowheads.

I want to take my boys, but can't seem to find where it is. Anyone know of this area? Thanks.

Hey Aaron, sounds like you already know where it is... It's on HWY 69 just north of Jacksonville.

Hey Jon: thanks for the invite, next time I come to town I will try to get with you and do some searching. I have heard that the area around you is pretty good.

I know where Lookout is.. but that's not where we went exactly.

Gotcha, I don't know of any places you can drive up to and dig in that area. It sounds like it was private land- was there a creek or river nearby?