Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Beginner Here Needing some advice..

Hello All,

I have been brought to this site through a friend of mine who has been to a few of the Austin Digfests. Some may know him, Charles Meyer.

Anyways we were talking this evening and he has sparked some interest in starting to get into the hobby of searching for old Indian Artifacts. I came here because I would like to start doing this on the weekends or sometimes before going into work, but have no insite on where to start looking. I live in the Dallas area and was wondering if there are any good places here in the DFW area to start looking into digging or surface scanning? What type of tools should I use if I wanted to dig 10 ft deep or so? Where is a good source of information on where to find descriptive insite on finds? Or maps of where old rivers once were? Maybe maps of old Indian Reservations?

Pretty much a total "newb" on this stuff but it has truly interested me. So any help on these questions and such would be awesome!

-Brandon

Re: Beginner Here Needing some advice..

Thanks for the advice Nate! Much appreciated!

Where is this CCC place that everyone talks about?

Also my step father was mountain biking out in Palo Duro Canyon State Park recently and has some mountain bike footage..It looks like there are quite a few dried creek beds out there that look like they have been there for quite some time and some amazing rock cliffs and such..Has anyone from here taken a gander at going out there?

-Brandon

Lol..Well forget I even asked that then..Thanks for the heads up!

B, Salvation lies within....the last few pages of these posts. Lots of info from people asking for basics.
Just look for Heading topics like yours. Also type in some key words in the search block at top.
Somewhere in the files you'll see info on the Brazos & Sulphur river drainages.