Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NEWS FLASH

Just a very short blurb on the hourly PBS radio news just stated that...
Dr So&So of Tx A&M has found a site in Texas that positively dates to 15,000 yrs BCE....

That would have huge ramifications for the "Clovis first" schools.

And for those that follow this sort of thing... Who were these people, where did they come from. And
being established in TX,,,,how long did it take them to get here AND could there be even earlier evidence to be found. ?

Thats all. bound to be in other more detailed media reports any minute now

Re: NEWS FLASH

There it is;;

Google " NEW TEXAS FIND 15,000 YRS OLD "

Enjoy the new Google logo while your there

The Buttermilk Creek people must have been ALL over the state of texas.i have found the stuff their showing everywhere. i find this article completely and totally unbelieveable. it reminds me of the last advertiser that M. had to ban from this site. i hope the real pro's put a stop to this B.S.

It was announced that they have definitely found a
pre-Clovis layer at the Gault Site. I believe it was announced in Feb. this year. Anyway, stay tuned, there will be a lot more to follow...

CHeeze Pat your pretty rough on the Buttermilk people...
Pre Clovis finds wont diminish the intristic or $ valueof your Clovis
As one of the articles points out , the pre Clovis war has really been dead for about 10 yrs. a good side by side comparison is in the color plates in the front of the 11th.. around page 40.
Haskett & Lake Mohave examples are at least 1500 yrs pre Clovis.

Paul's info about pre C at Gault only enlarges the question of how many of these people were in Tx that far back.

Once you get used to it, Buttermilk is not really that sour

i dont have a problem with the theory of pre clovis people and would be more inclined to believe it coming from under a known site like the gault site. but i think somebody is just trying to line their pockets with this 1. i love buttermilk pie.

i hate maggpie... thanks alot H. my last comment on this till its in the record books, just covering my .

i'm sorry . i feel like i'm riding the fence on this 1. I still can't get my mind bent around the fact that i hav'nt seen an identifiable projectile point, all i see are flake knives and scapers and flakes,which are common all over the state of texas. so until I see something a bit more tangible i will hold with my first response and eat crow later if it happens their just not showing the important artifacts of the 16000 that have supposedly been found on this site,that early man did infact bring stone technology with them. it is in the flood plain. Shania Twain says it best

Heres a link about this in the Wichita Eagle newspaper up here to you guys North, talking all about it, go look:

http://www.kansas.com/2011/03/25/1777561/discovery-of-artifacts-in-texas.html

I've been studying pre-Clovis culture for some time and think the main reason there's been so little found is that the po****tion wasn't that large at the time. Much later, with a larger po****tion, more artifacts were made,used, and lost. It's a needle in the haystack trying to find any remnants of the earliest settlers when their po****tion was so small.
Just like the Kenniwick man, there's a lot of unanswered questions out there.

pat kinyon
would be more inclined to believe it coming from under a known site like the gault site.

Stick with your diet of breakfast tacos & beer before going on a Maggpie regime ...
As you correctly observe..there's many aspects to this "New" find.
I got a big letdown last night...from all the varied media reports I tried to pinpoint the "new" site...
Well it turns out to be 2,400 feet from the GAULT site.
This is Archaeological licence If Mr & Mrs Gault had been able to move their property line this fraction, the "new" Buttermilk site would be known as the Gault site.
Now Dr Collins has a new 15K find...still in Williamson county along with Gault and Buttermilk.
Was Williamson county alone the official old age nursing home site ?

At what point will we hear a new name for these old people...?
"pre Clovis" is a big generalisation not a diffinitive family name.

All good reason to look for some Neanderthal aged material not in Williamson County, like at the
BtPatDarrellDarrell site

theres always wilson county.

Marcus, when i'm pickin your brain monday your just going to have to talk in hillbilly /laymans terms so we can communicate.

I for one do not believe it.
You can’t count the number of times Buttermilk Creek has flooded, filled in etc. in 12,000 years. They are saying they went from little pieces of flakes to something as pretty as a precision made Clovis almost overnight in Indian times.
I say they are looking for a big government grant. Again just my opinion. John Light, the Chrisners Paleo Rock shelter digger does not also.
Bill Arnold

The Holy Grail finds in Salado led by Michael R. Waters? I read the report, and watch the documentary on Channel 6 News. I’ll have to side with Anthropologist Tom D. Dillehay, noting in his report that the separation of layers at the site is not as “clear as the authors would have us to believe” My 35 years of experience in arrowhead hunting and digging up campsite all over Texas tells me they do not have enough evidence to support, that they found a culture site that predates Clovis. It is most likely that what they are looking at, is an earlier Clovis encampment separated by a major flood event. This so called Holy Grail find in Salado, is Texas A&M University archaeologist trying to up one over the UT archaeologist famous Gault site led by Michael Collins.
I do, however believe an earlier culture site does exist. But this is not it, yet!

Dang, if the "new" finds are not truly the wholly Grail...that means the rest of us still have to keep
digging and looking

Sounds interesting. Bring it on Marcus.