Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Finds from 3-20-11...Need ID help

Here are the points I found this past weekend in Burnet County. I also found about 5 broke pieces, but didn't include them in the picture. The larger point measured 3-1/4" long. I am not sure what it is. I was thinking maybe Travis, but I don't know. Any help is appreciated as always. Sorry about the picture quality but I was using my phone.

This is a pic of the point after I pulled it out.

If anyone has any info please let me know. I will be heading back this weekend to see if my spots still produce.

Re: Finds from 3-20-11...Need ID help

There is no beveling on the stem, but from the shoulders up there is slight twist to the left of each face.

can you get a cleaned up pic so we can see flaking? it has a pandale look to it and if it is twisted thats another pandale trait.

Ok, Pat. I will post a better pic tonight showing better detail. And I don't know if it helps or not but I believe I was 4 to 5 feet down when I found it. Marcus, maybe you can take another look at it and see if you agree with Pat.

Ok here is some better pics. Let know what ya'll think.

My first thought was Nolan too, but no beveling... So beats me. What layer did it come from?

Tucker
What layer did it come from?

I was about 4 to 5 feet down.

It's a Travis judging by the dated points you posted. Nolan and Zella are much much older points. Travis all the way, large purcussion flaking gives it away. Just sayin... Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I like Travis ( the point, not 1 & 2 )

I also like that little one as a reworked to the enth Fairland. Looks like a very neat fossil inclusion
that may have had good hunting vibes for the original owner.

You know Hal you should be very careful making statements like that. I do like the little Fairland myself. I know it is almost reworked to nothing but the bullseye on it is really cool. I figured that was probably the same reason the previous owner held on to it for so long.

And Idahoe, the two small points came from a different spot and depth that the larger point.

Nate, I didn't get your email yet. Maybe check the address and make sure you are using an underscore and not a hyphen.

Thanks for everyone's help on the ID. So is everyone in agreement with a Travis point?

Just some food for thought... Found this point about 4 feet down in a layer that produced la Jitas. Looks to me kinda like your point... Only thing is that this point has collateral flaking to a median ridge.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos