Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
spring has sprung

yes, i know, everyone on this site knows.CCC. has been dug for i guess 30 or 40 years and i spent my day today mostly contemplating WHY? wandering around all day and wondering WHY? so many artifacts are still showing up! well i found a small part why, i've been playing around on CCC. for about a year now and this is the first time i've ever seen this.
Photobucket
all around this spring are some great STORM SHELTERS, better know as rock shelters that i have been told were dug out many many years ago, BUT, top and bottom and every thing in between has been occupied from historic to paleo. there had to be somebody loosing something there for 13,000 years. incredible is the only word i can come up with to describe the beauty of this place. no wonder we are still enjoying it to this day. Richard Chrisner has to have the patience of a SAINT to continually allow us to have access. THANKYOU!!!
didn't do much of anything today but just enjoy Marcus's company and the outdoors. spyder and I had the same idea.
Photobucket
dreaming of how good we actually have it. we had to stop and smell the wild flowers every once in a while.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
sorry everybody no flint to be seen with this report i'm just in awww of how lucky we are as a group of artifact hunters to have places like this one to escape to.

Re: spring has sprung

we went sat had the place to our selves it was wonderful. Thanks a ton richard well have more pies in the future, i hope spyder has stopped limping

Great pics, Pat!

great post and how right you are about Mr.Crishner. anyone who has the pleasure of meeting Richard and spending time on his ranch consider your self lucky and blessed. what a great place to spend a day and cant forget spyder what a great diggin buddy he is

yep dugg hes one of the last good ole boys

Very good report. All that high praise for how nice the property looks has been going on already for about
9000 yrs.

That field of BB's belies the experts prediction of a subdued flower season HOWEVER...Snoop had reported last wk that the BB and Daisies were out in the Austin area...I just came down MoPac yesterday ( southbound ) and did not see a single BB.

I hope to go up to C3 soon and check on this myself, I like to include some flint in my spring & wildlife
pics

Snoop diggins
we went sat had the place to our selves it was wonderful. Thanks a ton richard well have more pies in the future, i hope spyder has stopped limping

I thought I saw him givin a little or moving kinda gingerly, but was'nt sure when we first started out, but he warmed up and followed us around the whole ranch all day.

dang hal there @ mopac and 360 someone may have mowed em sorry man

i tried he pulled back hopefully just a thorn

Dont worry about that dog, he's got enough spark to give those mules plenty of worry

Photobucket

Spyder was really interested in this big Perd...Thats a really dense patch of BBs we're in.

Photobucket

I guess it's a Perd. Thin and well made but not a very distinctive base.

Photobucket

No flint, just the bee's knees

Photobucket

Snoop....My first MoPac BB report was North of the river only.. now another few days have passed and I
think the flower people were just trying to create a panic. There's plenty a flowers popping and that C3
ranch is so thick, I was actually shoveling them along with the dig dirt

I met Spyder on my trip out there. That pooch has got character!

Hey SH. I was out at CCC about a week and a half ago and snapped a springtime pic so I figured this was a good spot to post it.
Nothinglike a Swallowtail butterfly on wild Verbena.

Chrisners

Found some flint to. About a dozen brokes, 2 small ones, and a serrated one with the base broke off but the serrations are nice on it.

Chrisners

Chrisners

Chrisners

That little dark one is made on a very small flake.

Very good show e, Be interesting to know what a professional calls that serrated find. It's pretty big for a standard Bird point.
That light colored one inhand looks like the same family as the one Maggie just found at C3 on Wednesday...Do the comparison.. See "C3, 3-30 "

Pretty butterfly,,,I have always called that flower a " Purpleish blue "

that beats any one day ive had c3 nice ones

And the sap is flowing !...I found an Amber tree next to the dig area

Photobucket

And just as good luck would have it,,,a TseTse fly landed and got stuck

Photobucket

Maybe someday a mad professor will come along and unearth this blood drinking biter and revive a real
live 21st century digger

I was surfacing around the caves and walked up on a couple of vulture eggs with an upset mother to boot. Beutiful eggs is the only nie things about the birds.

Finally, more than Blue Bonnets have popped

Photobucket

NOW.....the photographer need to find some worked flint to compete with the beauty

May 2011, just East of Castroville Tx..

Photobucket

Note ALL sunflowers are facing away from the camera ( and sun )

that is a very unusual happenning. I cant remember when I've ever seen sunflowers not following the sun, but a whole field of confused sunflowers.WHAT have you done H. to make mother nature to turn its back on you.(must have been that april fools joke)

pat kinyon
that is a very unusual happenning. I cant remember when I've ever seen sunflowers not following the sun,

I lived a whole lifetime believing the same thing Pat, I distinctly remember my Kindergarden teacher saying sunflowers " follow the sun "

In the pic above, the sun is over the camera man's left shoulder ( also some ground shaddow angle can be seen)

The flowers were on both sides of the road I was on...
SO..turning left INTO the sun, all the face of the flowers was facing the camera... See the new pic posting under the topic of " 2010 SPRINGTIME IN TX ( OR ? )