Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
testing question

Photobucket

ok guys/gals here is a artifact that makes my metal detector go crazy...does anyone know how I make could test it for metal content without hurting the artifact

Re: testing question

I would recomend taking it to The Uneversity Of Texas ARCH. dept. They have a monthly deal where you can swing it by and ask a pro what you have. Just an idea, a sweet deal though.

ok, thanks..I forgot to say that it is magnetic also. Same as with the second picture I posted

CRACKY Sandy...WHERE THE HELL DO YOU COME UP WITH THESE FANTASTIC FINDS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

Just a limestone discus in that form is a novelty in itself. Magnetic...very intrigueing. Those Moqui marbles or Shaman stones you have found out there ONLY form in limestone... so ?
It's bound to be hemetite ( Markesite / Shaman stone )...Question is how distributed.

See if your metal detector can isolate the "center" of strongest readings. Apply a magnet ...Anything?

If you dont have a University right handy,,,Just for a Yak, you might put a call in to your local dentist. IF you can stir his interest he might shoot a few mouthfulls of X Rays just for his own satisfaction

Thanks SH.....appreciate it I wasnt sure what it was, but just couldnt help but think it was something...hubby doesnt get to drive out too far these days with me going thru the chemo( finally finished that now on to the radiation) so he gathers things up and brings them in and i take the phots lol...we will get the dang noise maker (metal detector) out and check it out as you described? the effigy hubby found is still a mystery but he still has it, lol! hubby has not found a point in along time just shards and things like the discus, so I hope no one gets bored with what we show, right now its our only passtime and we still like to talk to everyone here and we do look at othere that have posted here. Hubby has tried to grind windows in a few of the things he has found.he has a lot that we dont even know what are lmaoooo!! I need a visit with a good mineralologist and rock hunter hahaha.
Ok sorry to be long-winded, but thanks again and i will let you know what the noise maker sys, lol(metal detector)