Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
hammerstone/grinding stone

found several stone tools lately but this one sure shows alot of use on both ends of stone. What were they beating on the most?
Photobucket

Re: hammerstone/grinding stone

It was usually the husband when he brought no dinner home?

"Hammerstone" is a proper term. I assumed it was for doing the first clips on a flint nodule to get it started. Many Manos are broken possibly by using them as nut crackers or bone smashers.

dangggg..........ok need to go back out to the field...I think I left something behind.lol

i am just as proud of this tool as i would be of a good point!! Never realized that such a large stone was one of the tools used in the knapping of finely flaked relic.

sandman
i am just as proud of this tool as i would be of a good point!! Never realized that such a large stone was one of the tools used in the knapping of finely flaked relic.

as you should be. that is a classic example of a tool that was used as we would use a leatherman type tool today.

One of my first finds at CCC, while I was with Pat, was a hammer stone...