Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
finds from 2011

found all within a foot from each other

Re: finds from 2011

the three standing kervilles were all found in the same midden,all within a foot from each other.

That's one fine mess of worked flint y'all have found. You must be in Kerrville Knife Kingdom. Took me 58 years just to find one.

Always wanted to find one , never would have imagined finding three in such close proximity to eachother......kk cache? Ha. We got very lucky!

I'm pretty new can u tell me what pic 2 & 19 are of the white round thing. Very nice flint with the swirls and killer kervilles

not too sure what it is, looks like some kind of mineral vein out of limestone,my guess it was used as a knife handle.thanks for the compliments...

Almost too much for individual comment, very nice, all very interesting.
Custom wiggle picks among the big rocks looks good.
Those KKs are certainly top quality and finding them together is a plus, thats going to be a heavy display case
Ancient "critter holes" usually get the blame for all sizes of limestone tubes. They are officially a trace fossil and when found in a camp area usually thought to be brought home as a curiosity.

Good show

Thanks sh I wasn't aware those were wiggle picks thought it was a micrometer when I was scanning thru the pics. To the digger what are they made from square tubing and punches?

Cool finds Dusty and Kasey did they get the backhoe fixed or hand dig all that. I would like to come dig with yall some more when I get a chance but the fish have been biteing to good Ill call you in the next few weeks and see if we can go

@ brent, yes the handle is regulare square tubing, the other part is made of leaf spring, or you can use any metal you can find that wont bend under heavy pressure. ( leaf spring is known to work the best)

@ flow, not sure on the backhoe, we have hand dug the past couple of time we have went, kk were all found hand digging.
p.s were are the fish biting :)