Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arrowhead storage frames

I would like some inexpensive frames to store points in. I have seen some made of black cardboard with clear plastic tops. Does anyone know where to get them or have another idea?

Re: Arrowhead storage frames

what he said

Shadow boxes from Micheal's, Hobby Lobby, etc. Wal-Mart might carry something comparable.

its all about the foam boxes the wally world one are pretty brutal

I will check Walmart. Hobby Lobby doesn't have anything like what I want. The ones I saw were about 1.5 x 2.0ft x an inch thick, so you could stack and store a lot of points in them in not much space.

Michaels in temple has their shadow boxes 40% off on some of them I paid 25.00 for a daily large one. They didn't have any true display cases that close down tight on arrowheads.

Thanks. I found them - Riker display cases

Aaaah! To late, I ordered a few from Riker. I will need more so can maybe get them cheaper next time.

It is simple to construct your own frames with the materials and to the size of your choosing. Go to a place like Michaels or Hobby Lobby, pick out the type framing material you want, and have them construct it to your chosen dimensions. Order the glass to fit, as well as two pieces of heavy duty cardboard. One piece of cardboard to be sized to the total frame dimension, and the other to fit the interior lip of the frame. Choose the fabric on which you want to mount your points (ultra suede comes in lots of colors and works great) and buy a piece which overlaps the interior cardboard by a couple inches on all sides. Secure the fabric to the interior cardboard (has to be tight and streching it using thread and needle on the backside works fine) and then mount the interior cardboard to the exterior cardboard. Mount your points on the fabric and then mount the exterior cardboard to the frame. Elmer's glue works fine when mounting the cardboard pieces to each other and then to the wood frame. This type of display is somewhat permanent in that you can't take your points out for inspection, but if you want a good looking frame on the wall, you can make something which looks better than what's available on the shelf in a store.

amazon is a good place to look, i normally can find some nice wooden ones for around 40 dollars, I have also seen the cheaper ones on there to. you may find what your looking for, its worth a try.

Another place you can get them is bluegrasscase.com