Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
my find/ my sons find

wanted to share the litlle bird and the little pig!!PhotobucketPhotobucketwell i went to screen this morning and he and his buddy went hog huntingPhotobucket

Re: my find/ my sons find

Sweet birdie. What county?

after finding the bird i was thinking what the maker thought he was going to use it for, still really haven't fiqured that out. its about 1 3/4" long and paper thin, maybe it was just used as something to look at or a symbol of some thing. i don't know!!! the boys used a 4 dogs and 8" blade on thiers.

milam county!

sandman
after finding the bird i was thinking what the maker thought he was going to use it for, still really haven't fiqured that out. its about 1 3/4" long and paper thin, maybe it was just used as something to look at or a symbol of some thing. i don't know!!!

Good luck on having a meaningful bird point conversation with almost anyone from professor to newbies

The end of converation statement is always " well when bows & arrows came into use they didn't need the larger heavier dart points "

I've NEVER been satisfied with the Bow & arrow explanation for all varieties of birds. Your find
is not the "worst" example, the base stem is reasonable but I'm refering to Bird bases ( and overall size) that are only suitable for hafting on a toothpick. AND even WORSE...those birds that have the severe delicate needle nose.

My rule of thumb has been that the more "OOohs & AAahs " a bird point gets from admirerers the more
useless it was for any meaningful utility.

AND, as you can see from the Ovrsts...Bird points were common to all areas of North America, not just a Tx Phenomena.