Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Quick trip finds

While everybody else was playing in the Hogadillo holes, I did manage to sneak to hunting lease in Coryell county and do a lil surface hunting...

Inspired by some of the top camps at CCC, I decided, rather than looking near the spring fed creek bottoms this time, to go high to an elevated area between the springs.

Which brings up a question...If I find a cache of scrapers and a few broken points up on a high ridge between water sources, is there a decent chance there were camps near by or was this probably a game cleaning area?

Re: Quick trip finds

Inspired by some of the top camps at CCC, I decided, rather than looking near the spring fed creek bottoms this time, to go high to an elevated area between the springs.

Which brings up a question...If I find a cache of scrapers and a few broken points up on a high ridge between water sources, is there a decent chance there were camps near by or was this probably a game cleaning area?

Nobody has nothing? I'm taking here!

tony the possibilities are endless they found a basetang cache on the high ground out there so i think your on em

Nice finds, i can't help you on the camp question. Your post may of come at a bad time, for the brew ha ha over hogzilla & Chris J. being disappointed, is in full swing. Get your pop corn ready.

Tony (aka The Bud Man)

I would say " NOT a decent chance " "hunting " camps can be found in some offbeat spots, used only once to brew some tea or take a break and resharpen tools.

If no other surfacers were there before you, you may find something really nice that was left behind.
Almost sure flake finding place is on the very top of a hill that has a view over the surrounding area.

If your heading for Rolands place, there's a sharp R turn then a hard L...That very conical hill on your right with the for sale sign on it ,,,,has flint flakes on top ( and a folding chair )

SH

I would say " NOT a decent chance " "hunting " camps can be found in some offbeat spots, used only once to brew some tea or take a break and resharpen tools.

If no other surfacers were there before you, you may find something really nice that was left behind.
Almost sure flake finding place is on the very top of a hill that has a view over the surrounding area.

No other surfacers been in there that I'm aware of. Tons of flint and flaking on this hill top. This hilltop faces north and 180 degree view.

SH
Tony (aka The Bud Man)

If your heading for Rolands place, there's a sharp R turn then a hard L...That very conical hill on your right with the for sale sign on it ,,,,has flint flakes on top ( and a folding chair )

This is the hill described above, from last week's Roland trip

Photobucket

Here's another one on that road that needs exploring

Photobucket

Maybe there could be a matching folding picnic table on this one

SH, d'u find any artifacts on TOP of either of these locations?

The "hills" I speak of are actually much larger than what you have pictured. They're more like Plateaus above the creek bottom.

Pat knows what I'm talking about...Pat, you found some scrapers on the side of one of the "hills", above the line of pecan trees.

i did'nt really make it to the top, i just walked the ridgeline above the creek on that one side. i did'nt walk the one in the middle of the 2 springs, but i do want to see the top above both creeks next time we meet you there. i still say we need to dig under those pecan trees.

pat kinyon
i did'nt really make it to the top, i just walked the ridgeline above the creek on that one side. i did'nt walk the one in the middle of the 2 springs, but i do want to see the top above both creeks next time we meet you there. i still say we need to dig under those pecan trees.

THAT's where I found the cache of brokes and scrapers. I agree, we DO need to dig under those pecans...Lynn and Lucy got their shovels ready?!?

Tony (aka The Bud Man)
SH, d'u find any artifacts on TOP of either of these locations?

No. nothing but flakes, I always figured I probably wasn't the first one up there. I never spent much time
around them either as I figure the ancients were just up there for a look around and then get going as soon as they could.